January 26, 20206 yr He was extremely overrated and didn’t look anything like a 5 star for 2 seasons. Now, 80 games in he looks like a 5 star. I’ll give you credit for Cal developing him, but stick to what you believe in. Don’t let me shake things up when I mention cutting down a net. If you really believe in what you preach, it shouldn’t sway anything. My rockstar Anthony Davis cut down a net in 30 games. What am I making up? The results will be the results at the end of the day. What you make up is pretending people say things that they don’t say to try to fit your agenda. I thought your grown past that, but I guess I was wrong. Unless you can go back and find anywhere that I say I prefer one thing over another? I will wait. Do I defend Cal when you say he can only win with a star. Yes, and you always conveniently disappear when I prove your statement to be wrong with facts. Cal has shown success with both true super stars and not in the big dance. It simply is not easy to win it all. If it was coach K who usually always has top 3 talent in the nation would have 10 to 15 titles by now. Instead he couldn’t even make the final four with a stack team and one of the most dominant players to ever play college b-ball in Zion. At the end of the day I try to be very realistic and not say outlandish things like some of my fellow UK fans. Things like Richards is a waste of a scholarship. He was not a waste of a scholarship at all, and just goes to show some of the stupid things my fellowUK fans say.
January 26, 20206 yr The last play to end regulation was a great play drawn up by Cal. The shot didn’t go in, but we got a great look from our best shooter. Exactly. And while the shot wasn't a bad one, a pump fake and drive to the rim would have led to an easy bucket or assist. I'll never understand the thinking that Cal isn't a good coach.
January 26, 20206 yr What you make up is pretending people say things that they don’t say to try to fit your agenda. I thought your grown past that, but I guess I was wrong. Unless you can go back and find anywhere that I say I prefer one thing over another? I will wait. Do I defend Cal when you say he can only win with a star. Yes, and you always conveniently disappear when I prove your statement to be wrong with facts. Cal has shown success with both true super stars and not in the big dance. It simply is not easy to win it all. If it was coach K who usually always has top 3 talent in the nation would have 10 to 15 titles by now. Instead he couldn’t even make the final four with a stack team and one of the most dominant players to ever play college b-ball in Zion. At the end of the day I try to be very realistic and not say outlandish things like some of my fellow UK fans. Things like Richards is a waste of a scholarship. He was not a waste of a scholarship at all, and just goes to show some of the stupid things my fellowUK fans say. You’re the one making stuff up lol. Does anybody on this site contest that I’ve been saying for 4-5 years now, that Cal is superstar dependent? Anyone? Sheesh, all I said was I hope to be wrong and Richards leads us to the next net. I want to be proven wrong that means we get #9!!! Just like that the Richards momentum is gone?
January 26, 20206 yr You’re the one making stuff up lol. Does anybody on this site contest that I’ve been saying for 4-5 years now, that Cal is superstar dependent? Anyone? Sheesh, all I said was I hope to be wrong and Richards leads us to the next net. I want to be proven wrong that means we get #9!!! Just like that the Richards momentum is gone? You said to stick to beliefs and not change what I believe in? Suggesting I have said I always want players who stay. When I have never said such a thing. So yes that is making things up to try to fit your agenda, which is what you do on here. I’m not the first to call you out on that lol As I said though if you can find where I have said one way or another on which players I prefer, go for it lol. I know you have said the last four to five years he is superstar dependent and for four to five years I have gave facts to put down your argument and you never reply though because well it doesn’t fit what you are selling lol. However, back on topic. Just shows people say dumb things and forget players do get better. So saying a guy should leave or is a waste of a scholarship is just dumb and Richards is proving that. Now as for this team. This year is wide open, and any team can win it all this year. Right now this team has shown they can beat anyone but also could lose to anyone. This team keeps showing flashes, but still needs that consistency. The next step learning how to finish off a team once they have the game in hand.
January 26, 20206 yr Exactly. And while the shot wasn't a bad one, a pump fake and drive to the rim would have led to an easy bucket or assist. I'll never understand the thinking that Cal isn't a good coach. It is simple some people have an agenda, and so they have to stick to that agenda no matter what.
January 26, 20206 yr Hey @John AnthonyI’m glad we at least were able to help get more post on this thread. Usually a UK win doesn’t get many post. Those usually only come after a lost. Which those guys shows up right away usually after a lost. So I’m glad we were able to at least get this thread some more action.
January 26, 20206 yr Seems like Robic had a few very choice words for the official scorekeeper tonight during the handshake line.
January 26, 20206 yr Is Nick Richards going to find his way into being a lottery pick? I'd be ok with that. Would be nice if it were next year though.
January 26, 20206 yr Hey @John AnthonyI’m glad we at least were able to help get more post on this thread. Usually a UK win doesn’t get many post. Those usually only come after a lost. Which those guys shows up right away usually after a lost. So I’m glad we were able to at least get this thread some more action. Let’s close the debate on this. I have always said he’s superstar dependent, AD, KAT, John Wall, and I feel like you’ve said “hey he can develop guys too.” I hope and pray he’s developed Richards, Montgomery, Hagans, Quickly, guys who’ve been here 45-80 games now to lead us to #9. I’ll gladly be the first to admit I was wrong and say hey, he can do it without absolute superstars who shouldn’t even be in college.
January 26, 20206 yr Also @futurecoach you are so right, people tend to slowly walk into big win threads and flock to loss threads. I was honestly coming in win/loss tonight, because it was a freaking slug fest, what more can you ask for? Felt like an elite 8 battle!
January 26, 20206 yr Let’s close the debate on this. I have always said he’s superstar dependent, AD, KAT, John Wall, and I feel like you’ve said “hey he can develop guys too.” I hope and pray he’s developed Richards, Montgomery, Hagans, Quickly, guys who’ve been here 45-80 games now to lead us to #9. I’ll gladly be the first to admit I was wrong and say hey, he can do it without absolute superstars who shouldn’t even be in college. The problem everyone has with your logic/stance is that you always comment with the benefit of hindsight on all these players. It’s always after the fact you refer to them as superstars or “not elite players”. You never actually make any statements after the class is signed. It’s always talking like you “called it” after they didn’t win the championship. It’s a very tired stance.
January 26, 20206 yr The problem everyone has with your logic/stance is that you always comment with the benefit of hindsight on all these players. It’s always after the fact you refer to them as superstars or “not elite players”. You never actually make any statements after the class is signed. It’s always talking like you “called it” after they didn’t win the championship. It’s a very tired stance. I can start doing that. Honestly, I haven’t in many years, because well we don’t get the top guys now. The last guy I pointed too and was upset about was Wiseman. I feel like he would have been a lock for the final 4. As we know now, he probably wouldn’t even be on the roster. With all that said, we haven’t been to the final 4 since the last transcendent rockstar in KAT, so have I been wrong since 2015? Trust me, if we get that type of guy, I’ll be spinning the 40-0, buy your final 4 tickets after the second exhibition game lol. Think back to the 40-0 comments we use to see on here and how crazy it is to even think about that.
January 26, 20206 yr I can start doing that. Honestly, I haven’t in many years, because well we don’t get the top guys now. The last guy I pointed too and was upset about was Wiseman. I feel like he would have been a lock for the final 4. As we know now, he probably wouldn’t even be on the roster. With all that said, we haven’t been to the final 4 since the last transcendent rockstar in KAT, so have I been wrong since 2015? Trust me, if we get that type of guy, I’ll be spinning the 40-0, buy your final 4 tickets after the second exhibition game lol. Think back to the 40-0 comments we use to see on here and how crazy it is to even think about that. You’re proving the point I’m trying to make. You always talk in past tense when giving your hot takes. It’s just pointing out what everyone knows after the fact, who turned into stars, and who didn’t. Start calling it before the season who has the “rock star talent” and who’s going to cut down the nets and we’ll start buying them wolf tickets you’re selling...
January 26, 20206 yr You’re proving the point I’m trying to make. You always talk in past tense when giving your hot takes. It’s just pointing out what everyone knows after the fact, who turned into stars, and who didn’t. Start calling it before the season who has the “rock star talent” and who’s going to cut down the nets and we’ll start buying them wolf tickets you’re selling... Fair enough but we haven’t seen a rockstar since 2015 and that was the last final 4. 2+2 is still 4. I got you though, all good I’ll spell it out early into that season for now on. Back to the point at hand, will Cal develop a team to the title? I sure as heck hope so, let’s start 2020 with the first net!
January 26, 20206 yr Seems like Robic had a few very choice words for the official scorekeeper tonight during the handshake line. He denied being the one who said it, but seemed to indicate that someone said it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.