11,600 fans in Freedom Hall

Rickyp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has UofL ever played a game at Rupp before they were to play UK there in the same year?

I am not sure... good question.

I understand the reason schools like UK, Indiana, UNC, etc. play at other venues and I personally enjoy it and think it is a good thing. Now bringing in UT Chatanooga to play is not appealing to many people... as evident by the numbers. Even looking at the crowd, I would have sworn a few more than that were there.

UK should beat that team by 35+, UNC would, Duke would...that is what seperates us. Don't let a lesser team within 9 points in the second half. I am very frustrated!

UNC and Duke wouldn't have beaten that team 35+ last night if the same officials called the game. They must live in Chattanooga.

It's real simple. Give the fans in Louisville a decent game and Freedom Hall will sell out like it always did in the past. People in Lexington don't even want to watch all of the patsies on the UK schedule. Frankly, I'm surprised 11000 showed up in Louisville to see UTC...give them a decent product or don't play there...

UK would never allow it...

They are not that dumb :cool:

;):D

In all honesty, it is a little bit different of a situation, and Freedom Hall itself is unique because UofL plays at that location rather than at another location. I think it is good UK plays a game in Louisville every year. Like it or not, still a lot of fans around the state like to go and see them play (well, not UTC) and is not always easy getting to Lexington.