Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 6A Semifinal: #2 Trinity at #4 North Hardin Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Trinity Shamrocks
      85%
    • North Hardin Trojans
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Am I mistaken - or did I read somewhere that NH has a higher \ better RPI rating that T ?

 

If so - can someone explain that ???

Thanks

 

Trinity’s out of state schedule hurt them because of way they calculate RPI. Plus North Hardin went undefeated which helps a lot.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity’s out of state schedule hurt them because of way they calculate RPI. Plus North Hardin went undefeated which helps a lot.

 

Thank you.

Am I mistaken - or did I read somewhere that NH has a higher \ better RPI rating that T ?

 

If so - can someone explain that ???

Thanks

 

Correct. If Trinity had a higher RPI, they'd be the #2 seed and be hosting.

It was Ballard. KHSAA website says Ballard. Plus just looking at score will tell you it’s not 1-9 Ballard Memorial. Maxpreps has Ballard Memorial but It’s error.

Yes, an error. Ballard Memorial is in far western Kentucky I think, close to the Mississippi River. I doubt North Hardin or Ballard Memorial would drive 5 hours to play a regular season game. Plus, BM is a class A school, another reason NH wouldn’t be playing them.

So if you go out of state to play top competition, it may cost you a home playoff game. Yeah, that makes sense...

  • Author
So if you go out of state to play top competition, it may cost you a home playoff game. Yeah, that makes sense...

 

Yeah, bad system. RPI treats every out of state opponent as .500 on wining % component.

Been awhile since the Rocks were underdogs.

Edited by bugatti

North Hardin is a natural grass surface. It was torn up pretty good last Friday against McCracken County. It does have larger visitor bleachers than Central Hardin for those of you who came to Cecilia several years ago. All concessions and restrooms are on the home side of the field. It was renovated several years ago and the facilities minus the field are in good shape.

 

Field conditions were not very good, by the end of the McCracken game it was a mud pit.

North Hardin, just came off a four year losing streak to DeSales. Three of those games weren't even close. There is no way they stay close to the Rocks.

Been awhile since the Rocks were underdogs.

 

I wouldn't say they are underdogs just because the RPI system is flawed.

Edited by bugatti

For those close to the Trinity program, what is the current health of the Trinity team going into the state semifinals?

I wouldn't say they are underdogs just because the RPI system is flawed.

 

I was being sarcastic. But heck, if I’m Beatty I’m telling the boys we’re going to play a higher ranked team with the # 1 defense all day everyday.

If anything, Trinity should walk softly and carry a big stick. No need for bravado before an important game....or any game for that matter. All it can do is hurt you. I'm not getting on any particular posters---my take here is just based on the way I was brought up and approached games.

I don’t care who you have played, 13-0 is a very good team. Also, A grass field, especially a muddy one, is something they aren’t used to. Go in expecting and preparing for a 13-0 team in the state semifinals. That is the only way to survive and advance.

For those close to the Trinity program, what is the current health of the Trinity team going into the state semifinals?

 

About as healthy as they can be. I saw maybe 3 guys in street clothes Friday, but didn't recognize them. So I'd say they're good to go.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.