Hey KHSAA: How to improve the Championships....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one here that doesn't think that all 6 games have to be played at Papa Johns? Come on people think outside the "box".:D

If you are having multiple games at one site there is no better site than Papa Johns. Especially with the Brown and Williamson Club for those willing to shell out the extra cash.

I would like to see the playoffs properly seeded with the best teams split on opposite sides of semi-state and playing the lowest ranked teams in the first round and homefield determined by seed. It'll probably never happen because it would increase travel costs, but it would make for a better playoff.

I would like to see the playoffs properly seeded with the best teams split on opposite sides of semi-state and playing the lowest ranked teams in the first round and homefield determined by seed. It'll probably never happen because it would increase travel costs, but it would make for a better playoff.

That would make sense. As stated before, sense and KHSAA don,t belong in the same sentence.

That would be excellent!

That would make sense. As stated before, sense and KHSAA don,t belong in the same sentence.

The KHSAA is strongly influenced by the financial burden its decisions place on the member schools. Too many programs would complain, especially now that nearly every team makes the playoffs.

The KHSAA is strongly influenced by the financial burden its decisions place on the member schools. Too many programs would complain, especially now that nearly every team makes the playoffs.

We see what happens when programs complain:p And I guess you think Ryle belonged in the 4A state final?

For several years I went to the Finals with coaches. We always found a Hospitality Room in between games. That might be why you thought there was a complete turnover of fans.

The coaches are there in force. That, I know for sure.

If half of all the coaches and staff watch every state final I'd be suprised. I was at the 3A state game two years ago. When the game was over there was almost a complete turnover in fans, and the game following was a pretty big game. So from what I saw fans staying to watch multiple games is a small # no matter who they are.

And who/how would you seed the playoffs?

We see what happens when programs complain:p And I guess you think Ryle belonged in the 4A state final?

Ryle deserved to be there just as much as anyone else. They won the games that they had to win. There are other sports in the KHSAA that the two best teams in the state do not make it to the final. You cannot fault the kids for this. Congratulations to the boys at Ryle for working hard and getting to the finals.

Be a lot of people at that 1A game:rolleyes:

How is that any diffferent than in the past? The KHSAA used to always play the 1A game at noon on Friday.

I agree totally with the Guru: as someone who watched all three games on Friday, it was pretty tough to sit through all three games. Two would have been easy.

Louisville is a much more central location in KY than Canton or Massillion is in OH.

Having the finals in Bowling Green or Morehead every year would be on a level with what they do in Ohio.

May want to review your maps. Bowling Green is much more central than you think and has some 2 1/2 hours left of Kentucky if you head west. If Etown is the geographic center of the state, and BG is exactly one hour from there, it's just about as close to the middle (in terms of proximity) as Louisville.

Plus, the people in Bowling Green want events there and many in Louisville (especially the police for traffic control, etc.) seem to view events as an inconvenience.

Murray might have been a better example to be coupled with Morehead.

If half of all the coaches and staff watch every state final I'd be suprised. I was at the 3A state game two years ago. When the game was over there was almost a complete turnover in fans, and the game following was a pretty big game. So from what I saw fans staying to watch multiple games is a small # no matter who they are.

I'd say that's low. It's an event and they treat it like most basketball coaches do the sweet sixteen...