Hey KHSAA: How to improve the Championships....

Louisville is a much more central location in KY than Canton or Massillion is in OH.

Having the finals in Bowling Green or Morehead every year would be on a level with what they do in Ohio.

Any time you can physically see a neighboring state you are not standing in a central location. This is all semantics, my point is that that playing a championship game on a Thur morning is ridiculous. Thats only playing 4 games. How outrageous will the schedule be when 6 are played. Find 3 loacations and play 2 at each on Sat. It sounds simple, but I have a feeling the KHSAA will screw this up as they do practically everything they touch. For the people that attend multiple games, you see 2. This should be more for the kids, the programs, and the participants fans, than anything else.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people stay for all 3 games? Very small #. Decisions should not be based on the wishes of a very small minority.

The Sweet 16 is a 4 day event; why should football be any different?

If they want to create more interest in football, then the KHSAA should create as much of an "event" as possible.

The Sweet 16 is a 4 day event; why should football be any different?

If they want to create more interest in football, then the KHSAA should create as much of an "event" as possible.

The biggest difference is that a team could possibly play 4 games at Rupp. A football team will play only one game. Apples and oranges.

Any time you can physically see a neighboring state you are not standing in a central location. This is all semantics, my point is that that playing a championship game on a Thur morning is ridiculous. Thats only playing 4 games. How outrageous will the schedule be when 6 are played. Find 3 loacations and play 2 at each on Sat. It sounds simple, but I have a feeling the KHSAA will screw this up as they do practically everything they touch. For the people that attend multiple games, you see 2. This should be more for the kids, the programs, and the participants fans, than anything else.

When did they play on Thursday morning? Did I miss a game?

I guess if you count almost every other football coach (and staff) in the state that's not in the finals small...

If half of all the coaches and staff watch every state final I'd be suprised. I was at the 3A state game two years ago. When the game was over there was almost a complete turnover in fans, and the game following was a pretty big game. So from what I saw fans staying to watch multiple games is a small # no matter who they are.

It was Fri. 4A played Thursday night, 7:30, Fri. 11:30 2A, 3:30 1A, and 7:30 3A. Change up due to the fact that U of Louisville, played at 1:00 or so. You know U of L owns the facility and they are the boss and the KHSAA does the best they can with the opportunities or should I say the facilities that are kindly available to them at this time of the year.:bunny:

It was Fri. 4A played Thursday night, 7:30, Fri. 11:30 2A, 3:30 1A, and 7:30 3A. Change up due to the fact that U of Louisville, played at 1:00 or so. You know U of L owns the facility and they are the boss and the KHSAA does the best they can with the opportunities or should I say the facilities that are kindly available to them at this time of the year.:bunny:

There are other facilities in the state. Playing 6 games at one sight is tough. Thur games are tough on fans, students, and most of all the teams.

It seems the only sensible thing to do is 3:30 and 7:30 Thursday, Friday and Saturday...

I think it should be 3:30 and 7:30 on both Thursday and Friday, with start times of 11:30 and 3:30 on Saturday.

Thursday

1A- 3:30

4A- 7:30

Friday

2A- 3:30

5A- 7:30

Saturday

3A- 11:30am

6A- 3:30