charlesw88

Who wins?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Boyle County to contain Hollingsworth which means I don't think Highlands will score enough points to win the game.

Additionally, someone asked about Knoxville Catholic as compared to Boyle and my thinking is KC was very talented but Boyle County is much better coached.

Give me the Rebs by a couple of TDs.

Who Ya With!

Help me understand this: if Highlands beats Boyle County, they become (on paper) better than Freddy Douglass, Scott County, and CovCath? I don't get it.

IMO, yes. The stain of the CovCath/LexCath game has yet to be removed from my brain. Especially since LexCath can’t even beat LCA.

I think Scott County is legit but if Highlands wins this game IMO they become the team to beat in 5A. I like Scott County a lot.

I have no faith in Freddy D. I get the hype but until they can do something in the postseason then I will remain skeptical of their chances.

I’ve gone on record saying I think Boyle County is the third best team in the state so if Highlands wins this game then they are clearly better than I thought they were and IMO the best team in 5A.

I’ve heard good things about him. If he is out is this a significant impact on the team? What year is he?

He's a Junior RB, but has a nagging injury and has only played about 7 or 8 snaps this year. They have played all year without him so no change to the game plan, but when he comes back, he's a difference maker for sure and capable of taking it to the house every carry.

Any word on Reiley Colwick? I know he played last game with a cast but was unable to be utilized like he would be without the cast. Someone had mentioned that the cast may be removed this week. He is easily Boyle County's second best receiver and we all know they like to throw the ball. He is also extremely vital in the return game.

I think Boyle County’s versatility on offense is a problem for most teams. Landen and Reese get a lot of the pub but Reed Lanter has proven to be an outstanding QB and they have a stable of RBs and WRs that are all capable of huge performances. You can’t key in on one person. You have to have a way to stop them all. A strong pass rush is essential if you want to slow this offense down.

This is as good of a take on this team as you will find. Great team D, and so many weapons on offense. Stop the run and will throw all over the place. Drop 5 or 6 into coverage and running game will scratch out 5-8 yard runs all night and maybe break a couple. Just so hard to contain.

IMO, yes. The stain of the CovCath/LexCath game has yet to be removed from my brain. Especially since LexCath can’t even beat LCA.

I think Scott County is legit but if Highlands wins this game IMO they become the team to beat in 5A. I like Scott County a lot.

I have no faith in Freddy D. I get the hype but until they can do something in the postseason then I will remain skeptical of their chances.

I’ve gone on record saying I think Boyle County is the third best team in the state so if Highlands wins this game then they are clearly better than I thought they were and IMO the best team in 5A.

Fair enough.

Should be a clearer picture over the next few weeks, and most opinions will be clarified.

Less than 48 hours! Can’t sleep this week waiting on this game to get here.

Rebel, is that a Boyle vs Highlands image for your picture? When is that from? Seems like they used to meet in the semifinals about every year.

Rebel, is that a Boyle vs Highlands image for your picture? When is that from? Seems like they used to meet in the semifinals about every year.

Yes, that’s a pic of the Boyle - Highlands game at Boyle played on August 19th. 2011 by a fabulous photographer.