charlesw88

Who wins?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I head out to Miami tomorrow to catch a boat heading south.

Good luck to fans of both teams. Should be an exciting game. Safe travels to folks coming from Ft. Thomas. I hope you guys enjoy my former place of residence during your short time in town. May both teams play a clean and injury free game.

I’ll try to check in periodically to see how things are going! Good luck!

I just watched the Highlands/Ryle game on a flight home from the left coast. Highlands scored one TD on a blocked TD in the endzone, and 2 of the other 3 on short fields. It could have easily been a 7-0 final. I don't know anything about Boyle, but if the hype is real, the Birds are going to have to get out of the that 2 button nintendo offense and run some real plays so Hollingsworth is not scrambling for his life all night.

I just watched the Highlands/Ryle game on a flight home from the left coast. Highlands scored one TD on a blocked TD in the endzone, and 2 of the other 3 on short fields. It could have easily been a 7-0 final. I don't know anything about Boyle, but if the hype is real, the Birds are going to have to get out of the that 2 button nintendo offense and run some real plays so Hollingsworth is not scrambling for his life all night.

When they mix it up with the two back set and rolling out with Hollingsworth is when they’re at their best. The offensive play call has been a little predictable. The biggest problem with offense vs Ryle was picking up the blitz. Ryle brought the house every play and the Birds didn’t have a good answer to that. Birds have a lot of talent on offense, this would a good game for it all to click together at full throttle.

Making things happen on special teams and defense and setting yourself up with short field doesn’t just happen. That is not a detriment it’s a positive thing. Highlands defense is legit. I’m sure it will be the best defense Boyle has seen.

I’m hoping Highlands smacks them in the mouth on defense and makes a big early play on special teams and puts the Rebels into a shock, deer in headlights mode for a few quarters. If the game is close I like Highlands’ chances. Boyle plays their players both ways and they have probably not had to play a full game. That’s the Birds best shot, this Boyle team has real deal D1 talent and has been boat racing people. Highlands needs a perfect plan and perfect game to get the upset.

Edited by El Diablo

When they mix it up with the two back set and rolling out with Hollingsworth is when they’re at their best. The offensive play call has been a little predictable. The biggest problem with offense vs Ryle was picking up the blitz. Ryle brought the house every play and the Birds didn’t have a good answer to that. Birds have a lot of talent on offense, this would a good game for it all to click together at full throttle.

Making things happen on special teams and defense and setting yourself up with short field doesn’t just happen. That is not a detriment it’s a positive thing. Highlands defense is legit. I’m sure it will be the best defense Boyle has seen.

I’m hoping Highlands smacks them in the mouth on defense and makes a big early play on special teams and puts the Rebels into a shock, deer in headlights mode for a few quarters. If the game is close I like Highlands’ chances. Boyle plays their players both ways and they have probably not had to play a full game. That’s the Birds best shot, this Boyle team has real deal D1 talent and has been boat racing people. Highlands needs a perfect plan and perfect game to get the upset.

Boyle plays some players both ways but they sub a lot. Their depth is as good as anyone’s. If Bartelson is healthy they run three backs rotating all the time. :thumb:

Boyle plays some players both ways but they sub a lot. Their depth is as good as anyone’s. If Bartelson is healthy they run three backs rotating all the time. :thumb:

Gotcha, I just saw that their top couple RBs and WRs all played defense. It’s good to get your talent on the field as much as possible.

This will be Boyle’s biggest test to date. Highlands will bring a defense that loves to capitalize on turnovers and opponents miscues. If Boyle doesn’t take care of the ball it could be a rough evening, A good example is the semifinal game vs Corbin last year. I’m not sure what Defense Highlands runs now but in the past they ran a 3 man front but brought 5-6 people every play with various stunts and blitzes that gave Boyle offensive linemen fits.

On the flip side this will also most like be the best team Highlands has seen to date. Boyle is no slouch on defense allowing just 8 ppg on the season while scoring an average of 53 ppg which is good for #1 in the state regardless of classification.

As all games between two good teams go, whoever wins in the trenches and has the fewest turnovers will come out as the victor more often than not.

My guess for tonight is Boyle 35 Highlands 21.