Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 39 Lexington Catholic 38

Featured Replies

Very entertaining game. CCH had their mettle tested more than any game they have had during their now 32-1 stretch other than the loss. Just about every game has been a blowout by half. They showed a lot of grit and moxie to come back, and make the stops when need be. Couldn’t be any happier-will help mentally come postseason.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel Felix scored on the 2 pt conversion, not Mayer. But without Mayer, CCH wouldn't be the same team. I love to see Mayer win Mr Football but since he plays TE and not QB or RB which usually wins the award, I doubt he will. But Beau Allen was awesome. So confident running the offense and accurate with his passes. I don't even know why LexCath ran the ball. Allen could have thrown for 600 yards especially that screen pass that consistently got them 5-15 yards. Be interesting to see what his final passing stats will be on year.

Daniel Felix scored on the 2 pt conversion, not Mayer. But without Mayer, CCH wouldn't be the same team. I love to see Mayer win Mr Football but since he plays TE and not QB or RB which usually wins the award, I doubt he will. But Beau Allen was awesome. So confident running the offense and accurate with his passes. I don't even know why LexCath ran the ball. Allen could have thrown for 600 yards especially that screen pass that consistently got them 5-15 yards. Be interesting to see what his final passing stats will be on year.

 

Thanks for the correction. I was told it was Mayer that actually scored.

Daniel Felix scored on the 2 pt conversion, not Mayer. But without Mayer, CCH wouldn't be the same team. I love to see Mayer win Mr Football but since he plays TE and not QB or RB which usually wins the award, I doubt he will. But Beau Allen was awesome. So confident running the offense and accurate with his passes. I don't even know why LexCath ran the ball. Allen could have thrown for 600 yards especially that screen pass that consistently got them 5-15 yards. Be interesting to see what his final passing stats will be on year.

 

23/33 for 455 yards and 5 TDs. Pretty awesome night for Allen.

The big thing that will not show up in the stats is the running plays CCH got in the 4th quarter were behind Mayer. Then on the game winning 2 point try they hand the ball to Mayer. Everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going and Mayer still got into the endzone.

 

As to those saying this game would be a CCH blowout, they haven't seen CCH. CCH this year is not as good as the last two years. It takes a good team with a good passing offense like Lex Cath, but that type of team will be a tough matchup for CCH. If the Lex Cath receiver doesn't drop the 3rd down pass near the end game, Lex Cath probably wins.

 

Probably. But if CovCath doesn't lose the two fumbles or if Jacob puts a little more air on the pass when Molique was behind the defensive back, that dropped Knight pass doesn't factor in at all...

One thing from this game I think is probably (or should be) put to rest even though the thread is now closed is the Trinity/Cov. Cath. debate.

I guess LexCath must be better than Trinity too.

 

Haha I get it, because they're not.

I watched this game, Cov Catholic is not the same team we have seen the past few years. Both defenses were very average and looked un-prepared for the other. Great High School game to watch with a couple great players playing.

I guess LexCath must be better than Trinity too.

 

This is funny coming from a fellow Colonel fan who, like us all who do agree CCH is not on Trinity's level. Made me chuckle.

Probably. But if CovCath doesn't lose the two fumbles or if Jacob puts a little more air on the pass when Molique was behind the defensive back, that dropped Knight pass doesn't factor in at all...

 

CCH left soo many points on the the field. Eddie addressed that in a way only he knows how to yesterday.

One thing from this game I think is probably (or should be) put to rest even though the thread is now closed is the Trinity/Cov. Cath. debate.

 

Never was a debate from CovCath folks.

Never was a debate from CovCath folks.

 

:lol2:

:lol2:

 

How many Trinity fans do you think might believe Trinity can beat Mater Dei? If more than one I will proceed to laugh at your entire fanbase for their collective delusion.

How many Trinity fans do you think might believe Trinity can beat Mater Dei? If more than one I will proceed to laugh at your entire fanbase for their collective delusion.

 

I don't even know if he is a "Trinity guy". He apparently spends more time with CCH alums than we do at the games etc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.