Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21

One thing about Spencer Newman I haven’t seen mentioned, he played in the LLWS at Williamsport so he definitely isn’t afraid of the bright lights. He may not be the biggest or most athletically gifted, but he’ll step up to the stage. I think he’ll be a great QB by his senior year.

BG was playing a third string sophomore QB that had been handed the job by default a week and a half prior to this game.

BG will have their QB and backup against McCracken. I expect they will look a little better offensively.

But hats off to Spencer Newman for playing his first varsity game on the big stage at WKU. He hung in there and gave it his best shot against a very solid FR team. The future will be bright for that kid.

I have heard good things about him.

I had heard that Tisdale didn’t get any carries. Seems odd. A poster mentioned that Coach Spader doesn’t like to play his players both ways. Tisdale got a large majority of the carries last year. Why the sudden change in philosophy with a Mr. Football candidate and one of the most athletically talented and gifted players in the state?

Seems risky. Can anyone expound in this philosophy change?

I had heard that Tisdale didn’t get any carries. Seems odd. A poster mentioned that Coach Spader doesn’t like to play his players both ways. Tisdale got a large majority of the carries last year. Why the sudden change in philosophy with a Mr. Football candidate and one of the most athletically talented and gifted players in the state?

Seems risky. Can anyone expound in this philosophy change?

If I’m not mistaken the offensive playcaller changed too. Spader doesn’t like to play people both ways, like I said, but normally if he has someone like Vito he’ll at least use him for jet sweeps, outside runs etc.

I’m not going to name the play caller but personally I’m not very fond of them and think they run a middle school offense. They’d be better off with someone who’d give the ball to their best players.

I’m also not fond of how he coaches his position but, that’s just my opinion and I’m not for sure if this is the reason why.

If I’m not mistaken the offensive playcaller changed too. Spader doesn’t like to play people both ways, like I said, but normally if he has someone like Vito he’ll at least use him for jet sweeps, outside runs etc.

I’m not going to name the play caller but personally I’m not very fond of them and think they run a middle school offense. They’d be better off with someone who’d give the ball to their best players.

I’m also not fond of how he coaches his position but, that’s just my opinion and I’m not for sure if this is the reason why.

The offensive coordinator is Chris Seabolt. Seabolt coached BG's O-line in 2011 and 2012 before taking the head coaching job at Greenwood.

BG is not running the option, as Seabolt did at Greenwood. They are running the same offense they ran last year.

I'd also like to add that Evan Spader is a damn good football player, along with Javyan Collins, and Javy Bunton.

The offensive coordinator is Chris Seabolt. Seabolt coached BG's O-line in 2011 and 2012 before taking the head coaching job at Greenwood.

BG is not running the option, as Seabolt did at Greenwood. They are running the same offense they ran last year.

I'd also like to add that Evan Spader is a damn good football player, along with Javyan Collins, and Javy Bunton.

Yes, I know he is. He coaches the Oline much different than the past coaches, as I played there from 14’-16’. I have nothing wrong with him personally, but I believe the philosophy has changed. It’s always been get your best player in space. Yet they rarely got Dingle the ball, Vito played no offense, and they slammed Spader into the middle over and over. I understand they want to establish the run game, but their Oline isn’t as big as they have been and FR was much bigger. The first half play calling just wasn’t quite there. Now the third quarter was great.

I think they’ll get it figured out, it wasn’t just the play calling or not playing Vito. It was a combination of things and I think they’ll be ok; it just really bothered me seeing them throw crossing routes and ISO over and over when the go route was open constantly and outside runs were working decently well.

For instance, spencer had a wide open Fofonah on a go in the first quarter, but he overthrew him. They didn’t call that play again until late second quarter. I understand you can’t call the same play over and over, but it doesn’t matter if they can’t defend it.