Pirates at Reds (7/29 - 7/31)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that shouldn't be forgotten from last night, the Reds were playing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in the stadium shortly after the fight.

I think they should change Garrett's walk-in music to "Eye of the Tiger". And I'm only half-joking on that.

Is this what we want representing our city????

The lunatics have been left to run the asylum all season and this is what we get.

How far has this organization regressed???

Not a fan should spend a dime to support this organization in this state.

It is sad that our fans are cheering these actions. They should be soundly booed, prior to being walked out on.

I am disgraced through association by residency to this program.

Beyond Sad!!!!! Tragic!!!!

Jim Day just shut up!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE you hate to see this happen but at the same time you can’t just stand around and let the other team throw at people’s heads, AGAIN!! You have to take up for yourself and your team, I would rather see them do that than throw at one of the Pirate’s heads, (unless Hurdle is in the box)!!!

As a life long 40+ year Reds fan, I'm not upset or embarrassed by them. I'm glad to see some "fight" in them this far into the season and that what happens on the field matters to them.

I've not been a huge fan of David Bell, but him having his teams back last night I thought was great. I'm sure since he'd already been tossed that he'll get a hearty suspension for coming back out, but I think his players will have more respect for him now knowing he's right there with them.

As for Puig, yes he's hot and cold at the plate...but I love his passion and will miss him.

All this Brawl/Bad Blood stuff is is an attempt to generate interest and sell tickets to the remaining Reds-Pirates games. Two teams going nowhere need to generate some interest to get fans into seats. Seems like a few years back it was St. Louis who we hated.

Professional baseball players don't hate each other. They have careers which they look to maximize and squeeze the last nickle out of, and actually have mutual respect for each other. If it takes the appearance of "Bad Blood" to generate interest than so be it. Sad it has come to this.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

All this Brawl/Bad Blood stuff is is an attempt to generate interest and sell tickets to the remaining Reds-Pirates games. Two teams going nowhere need to generate some interest to get fans into seats. Seems like a few years back it was St. Louis who we hated.

Professional baseball players don't hate each other. They have careers which they look to maximize and squeeze the last nickle out of, and actually have mutual respect for each other. If it takes the appearance of "Bad Blood" to generate interest than so be it. Sad it has come to this.

Are you kidding me? The Reds and Pirates decided last night that their organizations needed to fight to help put more butts in the seats? That's certainly a take and not a good one.

:lol2::lol2:Wow. That's all I can say about your post.

I have no problem with what the Reds did last night to defend themselves. However........I wonder how this event will spawn even more similar brawls at lower levels of the game. We've all seen videos of parents of opposing teams going off at each other at a Tee-ball game. "Well, if major league players and managers do it, why can't i?" Just a random thought.

Wow. I guess the pitch at the head was “set up”.

Are you kidding me? The Reds and Pirates decided last night that their organizations needed to fight to help put more butts in the seats? That's certainly a take and not a good one.

Not a single bloody nose.

Never forget that Major League Baseball is big business, with business being the focal point. If they have to fabricate this "Bad Blood" rivalry to sell seats, then that's what it takes.

Same Bengals/Pittsburgh Steelers, and formerly Reds/Cardinals.

How many more series do these (Reds/Pirates) play???

Perceptions of bad blood sells tickets.

Not a single bloody nose.

Never forget that Major League Baseball is big business, with business being the focal point. If they have to fabricate this "Bad Blood" rivalry to sell seats, then that's what it takes.

Same Bengals/Pittsburgh Steelers, and formerly Reds/Cardinals.

How many more series do these (Reds/Pirates) play???

Perceptions of bad blood sells tickets.

I can only imagine how many conspiracy theories you must come up with on a daily basis.