Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Deadline Rumors/Moves

Featured Replies

Jim Day just said Ken Rosenthal is reporting the A's have traded for Tanner Roark. Nothing from the Reds, as of yet.

 

The A’s are reporting it as well not saw what they have received for Roark.

 

Reds are reportedly are also paying $2.1 million or Roark's remaining $3 million in salary.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scooter for a player to be named later. Perhaps Scooter's performance will dictate who/how good the PTBNL is.

 

Sucks Scooter got hurt, we could have got a decent prospect if healthy.

Sucks Scooter got hurt, we could have got a decent prospect if healthy.

 

It’s a player to be named later, and I’m sure the type of prospect they get will be based on how well Scooter performs for the Giants.

He was gone at end of year anyway.

 

Not sure if you are speaking of Puig or Scooter. If you are talking about Scooter, I believe he had intentions of staying, as he and his wife bought a house in Alexandria for this season instead of renting. I’m sure he was planning on staying by buying rather than renting.

I was kind of bummed to see Puig gone, but I'm definitely bummed about this one.

 

Right there with you.

Love these moves by the Reds. They could always resign any of them in the offseason if they do choose. Would like to see them lock up Jose Iglesias for a couple of years and try to extend Bauer.

Although I enjoyed watching Scooter, the writing was on the wall on this. Free agent at end of this year and coming off a bad injury after two productive years, I doubt the Redlegs would have given him what he would have wanted and who knows if he would have offered up a hometown discount. Plus, I assume he was in the way of some younger infielders who are probably better, at least defensively.

delete

Scooter for a player to be named later. Perhaps Scooter's performance will dictate who/how good the PTBNL is.

 

Sucks Scooter got hurt, we could have got a decent prospect if healthy.

 

It’s a player to be named later, and I’m sure the type of prospect they get will be based on how well Scooter performs for the Giants.

 

My guess on this is the Reds and Giants have a short list of players they have discussed and agreed on. Scooter's performance will dictate which of those players the Reds get.

Not sure if you are speaking of Puig or Scooter. If you are talking about Scooter, I believe he had intentions of staying, as he and his wife bought a house in Alexandria for this season instead of renting. I’m sure he was planning on staying by buying rather than renting.

 

 

Sure he wanted to stay, but the Reds weren't going to resign him.

Why are all the tv people writing us off?? 6 1/2 games out, with 1-5 they have in the rotation now and just a little CONSISTENT offense this team could easily win 15-16 out of 20 and win the division!! Let’s go!!!

Why are all the tv people writing us off?? 6 1/2 games out, with 1-5 they have in the rotation now and just a little CONSISTENT offense this team could easily win 15-16 out of 20 and win the division!! Let’s go!!!

 

I admire your enthusiasm, and hope that you are right. However, I don't think it's necessarily how many games back we are right now, as much as it is the number of teams that are between us and the top. It's just going to be hard to leapfrog that many teams.

I admire your enthusiasm, and hope that you are right. However, I don't think it's necessarily how many games back we are right now, as much as it is the number of teams that are between us and the top. It's just going to be hard to leapfrog that many teams.

 

 

It won't be if they win 15 or 16 out of 20.

The Giants recently won 16 of 20. It can happen.

 

Is the Reds offense better now with Puig and Scooter gone and Winker, VanMeter, Ervin getting more at bats?

 

Reds OBP:

 

1. Ervin .421

2. VanMeter .418

3. Winker .353

It won't be if they win 15 or 16 out of 20.

 

Reds give too many games away, comes out flat, etc. to win 16 out of 20. If the pitching is good the offense will not be there. Reds don't have a clean up hitter unless VanMeter can hit there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.