Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Deadline Rumors/Moves

Featured Replies

Bauer helps the Reds chances to stay in the race this year more than Puig does. Which the longer they are in contention, it helps with attendance still in August and hopefully September. Having Bauer also helps even more to make the Reds a real contender next year.

 

The Reds basically traded Homer Bailey to get one of the better pitchers in baseball. I like it.

 

Attendance in August and September? They had 16K last night and about that tonight. I think it's safe to say I pay more attention to attendance and what's good for it more than anyone here.

 

But anyway, 16th's Thank Goodness post wasn't because he was so glad we got a solid pitcher. It was because he is extremely thrilled we got rid of Puig. I dont share those feelings. Doesn't mean I don't think it was a good deal for the Reds.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attendance in August and September? They had 16K last night and about that tonight. I think it's safe to say I pay more attention to attendance and what's good for it more than anyone here.

 

But anyway, 16th's Thank Goodness post wasn't because he was so glad we got a solid pitcher. It was because he is extremely thrilled we got rid of Puig. I dont share those feelings. Doesn't mean I don't think it was a good deal for the Reds.

 

Oh I know you pay more attention to attendance than anyone. That is why I brought it up. While attendance still overall sucks, when two teams at the bottom of the division play. I would guess it still is a little better, than it would have been if the Reds were horrible like last year. Just like I would guess attendance in Septmeber definitely could be higher than previous years, if they manage to stay in the race and still being talked about. Which the chances of that happening is better with Bauer. That is all I was saying.

 

I liked Puig and didn't want him gone either. However, I love this trade.

Oh I know you pay more attention to attendance than anyone. That is why I brought it up. While attendance still overall sucks, when two teams at the bottom of the division play. I would guess it still is a little better, than it would have been if the Reds were horrible like last year. Just like I would guess attendance in Septmeber definitely could be higher than previous years, if they manage to stay in the race and still being talked about. Which the chances of that happening is better with Bauer. That is all I was saying.

 

I liked Puig and didn't want him gone either. However, I love this trade.

 

I think attendance is gonna be awful in September based on the opposing teams that are coming to GABP. Its gonna be brutal unless we are one game out and I am just not sure they will be there. I hope.

 

I like Puig and think it's a good deal. Just not in the "Thank Goodness (they traded him)" camp.

 

Is Bauer a free agent after this season?

I think attendance is gonna be awful in September based on the opposing teams that are coming to GABP. Its gonna be brutal unless we are one game out and I am just not sure they will be there. I hope.

 

I like Puig and think it's a good deal. Just not in the "Thank Goodness (they traded him)" camp.

 

Is Bauer a free agent after this season?

 

After 2021.

We know he can throw a ball over the center field wall.

 

Heck, in that park, he can get it into the Ohio River.

I think the Reds end up flipping Bauer. No other way this trade makes much sense.

I think the Reds end up flipping Bauer. No other way this trade makes much sense.

 

 

Playing for next year obviously. Will give us a pretty solid rotation next year with Bauer, Castillo, Gray, Desclafani and Mahle. Trammel has really digressed in AA this year.

Bauer? After 2020.

 

He has one more year of arbitration then UFA in '21.

I think the Reds end up flipping Bauer. No other way this trade makes much sense.

 

2 ways it makes sense:

 

1. Better team this year with him

 

2. Better team next year with him

  • Author
I think the Reds end up flipping Bauer. No other way this trade makes much sense.

 

I feel like it makes a ton of sense. This trade essentially sweetens the Homer Bailey trade.

 

No chance you sign Puig back, and yes you could have made a QO and gotten a draft pick, but how often do draft picks pan out in the MLB?

 

This trade gives you a pretty stinking tough 1-3 next year in the rotation. I’ll run Sonny Gray out against anyone’s #3. That’s if they don’t sign either Wood or Roark back, and I think they sign one of the two, more likely Roark.

 

Rather than flip Bauer I see the Reds trying to work a 3-4 year Gray-esk deal. Unlikely Bauer takes it as his biggest goal (and he’s been vocal about it) is FA payday.

 

Solid trade either way. Makes you a true contender next year and doesn’t completely kill you in the stretch run this year, which was already a long shot.

I feel like it makes a ton of sense. This trade essentially sweetens the Homer Bailey trade.

 

No chance you sign Puig back, and yes you could have made a QO and gotten a draft pick, but how often do draft picks pan out in the MLB?

 

This trade gives you a pretty stinking tough 1-3 next year in the rotation. I’ll run Sonny Gray out against anyone’s #3. That’s if they don’t sign either Wood or Roark back, and I think they sign one of the two, more likely Roark.

 

Rather than flip Bauer I see the Reds trying to work a 3-4 year Gray-esk deal. Unlikely Bauer takes it as his biggest goal (and he’s been vocal about it) is FA payday.

 

Solid trade either way. Makes you a true contender next year and doesn’t completely kill you in the stretch run this year, which was already a long shot.

 

I agree with everything except them signing Roark or Wood. I guess Wood is a small possibility if his market value has dropped because of his back issues, but I feel the Reds lefty they drafted with their #1 pick this year has an outside shot of being in the rotation next year. They say he is pretty close to ML ready.

  • Author
I agree with everything except them signing Roark or Wood. I guess Wood is a small possibility if his market value has dropped because of his back issues, but I feel the Reds lefty they drafted with their #1 pick this year has an outside shot of being in the rotation next year. They say he is pretty close to ML ready.

 

I forgot about the new lefty. His stuff is supposed to be pretty good. That would be huge.

At first this didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I get it. They ended up getting something for Puig that will remain an asset for next year, which Puig wouldn't have been.

 

Shame they had to let Trammell go to do it.

 

But looking toward next season, that's another solid pitcher for a team where the pitching isn't the problem.

Edited by Getslow

He has one more year of arbitration then UFA in '21.

 

Reds will flip him next year, or get a high draft pick with a qualified offer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.