Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's the most money you ever spent on a pair of shoes?

Featured Replies

Never more than $50, and usually in the $20-$30 range at places like Burlington Coat Factory where they have name brands. I almost always find something I dig that I'm comfortable with. :walk:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Factoring in inflation, probably the $100 I spent on Air Jordan 1 in 1985. I also still have a pair of the red and black but I got a discount on those when I bought them.

  • Author
Jordan XI Concords.

 

I'm not a huge fan of Jordan's, but those are really sharp.

Jordan XI Concords.

Aka the greatest sneaker ever made.

Factoring in inflation, probably the $100 I spent on Air Jordan 1 in 1985. I also still have a pair of the red and black but I got a discount on those when I bought them.

 

Factoring in inflation, probably $75-$100 (about $200 today) on some Air Force 1's back in the day. I was making $3.50 an hour, so it was about all of my bi-weekly check.

Probably somewhere around $160 for running shoes. I'm not a big time runner but after 5 knee surgeries, my feet and knees need all the help they can get when I do run.

On sale price probably around $300 for Allen Edmonds dress shoes. Depending on the type they typically run around $350-$400. A good dress shoe is a worthwhile investment if you take care of them and can get them resoled when needed. Doesn't get much better than Allen Edmonds for good dress shoes imo.

Aka the greatest sneaker ever made.

 

My man!

I'm not a huge fan of Jordan's, but those are really sharp.

 

Agreed. I honestly don't like most Jordan's.

Paid $250 for the Jordan I “DMP 2” package. Came with the “Bred” and Green/Black/White retro 1s. I thrashed both pairs because they were my two favorite pairs of shoes I’ve ever owned. Got a lot of buckets in them on playgrounds across NKY.

  • Author
Agreed. I honestly don't like most Jordan's.

 

What color were yours?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.