What's the most money you ever spent on a pair of shoes?

Randy Parker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Around $250. I typically spend $70-$80 on gym shoes once a year....usually get last years model on sale/clearance that originally cost $100-$125. Dress shoes I buy less often...every few years, and typically spend $100-$150. Again, I usually buy online, on clearance and the regular price is usually $200-$300.

Around $120. I went in 50/50 with my parents in 7th grade for a pair of Jordan's for basketball. Then in college, I had a couple pair of Nike's that were about $120. Now I won't spend over $50 on a pair of gym or dress shoes.

For dress shoes, I spend a little north of $100. However, my wife and I made a killing at Payless a few weeks ago (since they are going out of business). We got 3 pairs of casual shoes for a total of $30. I'd rather brag about much I saved rather than how much I paid.

For dress shoes, I spend a little north of $100. However, my wife and I made a killing at Payless a few weeks ago (since they are going out of business). We got 3 pairs of casual shoes for a total of $30. I'd rather brag about much I saved rather than how much I paid.

Same here. A couple of months ago I bought three pairs of Brooks Dyads at the local Goodwill. About as new as they could be without having tags. $3.99 each.

Back in the deeps of time when I worked, I might have spent 80 or 90 bucks on a pair of dress shoes. But I don’t think I’ve paid full price for an article of clothing in a decade.

I spent almost $250 on the best pair of dress shoes I own. They feel like a $250 shoe. Cole Haan cap toe oxfords. I don't wear them very often (have more reasonably priced dress shoes for everyday wear), but I LOVE them.

I spent almost $250 on the best pair of dress shoes I own. They feel like a $250 shoe. Cole Haan cap toe oxfords. I don't wear them very often (have more reasonably priced dress shoes for everyday wear), but I LOVE them.

I have got to find some comfortable and affordable "everyday" dress shoes.

I have got to find some comfortable and affordable "everyday" dress shoes.

I own two pairs of Rockport oxfords. One I got on sale after Christmas last year for under $100 bucks. Absolute game changers as far as comfort. Before I got them, I didn't even know Rockport made dress shoes. I thought they just made my grandma's shoes.

I own two pairs of Rockport oxfords. One I got on sale after Christmas last year for under $100 bucks. Absolute game changers as far as comfort. Before I got them, I didn't even know Rockport made dress shoes. I thought they just made my grandma's shoes.

Rockport is very solid. I have the Northfield model for my dress shoe. I order a new pair every spring.

That’s what I wore to work back in the day. Had a black pair and a brown pair.