The NBA is reportedly considering dropping the term "owner".

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like calling owners, owners.

So whose irritation is justified? The people looking to change a thing or the people reflexively defending something that has absolutely no bearing on their lives whatsoever?

So whose irritation is justified? The people looking to change a thing or the people reflexively defending something that has absolutely no bearing on their lives whatsoever?

As you stated, it's a really easy game to play.

My answer is that people who liken NBA ownership to owning slaves have no justification for irritation. As JD stated, it's an insult to those who really were forced into slavery. I would add that it hurts the battle against legitimate racial problems.

As you stated, it's a really easy game to play.

My answer is that people who liken NBA ownership to owning slaves have no justification for irritation. As JD stated, it's an insult to those who really were forced into slavery. I would add that it hurts the battle against legitimate racial problems.

If that's true, it says more about people who take issue with the change than the ones asking for it.

NFL ratings and my personal experience says otherwise.

NFL ratings are still higher than every sport and Sunday Night Football was at worst the 2nd highest rated show in all of TV last year. So while the technical numbers say ratings are down the NFL is still amongst the most watched events on television.

NFL ratings are still higher than every sport and Sunday Night Football was at worst the 2nd highest rated show in all of TV last year. So while the technical numbers say ratings are down the NFL is still amongst the most watched events on television.

Sure but that's not what I was stating. Ratings indicate that there were in fact less people watching.