Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari Offered Lifetime Contract

Featured Replies

Starting to make the rounds on the internet. Presumably in response to UCLA reaching out to Calipari.

 

Deal would include a paid ambassador position with the University post-retirement.

UCLA reached out to UK and requested to talk to Cal. When they did, they offered him less money than he's making now. :lol2:

Cal already had a lifetime contract, now he gets the pub.

UCLA reached out to UK and requested to talk to Cal. When they did, they offered him less money than he's making now. :lol2:

 

I researched that because it made no sense to me. The extension Cal signed in 2017 is for $8 million a year (same as UCLA’s offer). The $9.2 million figure he’s making this year has to include bonuses I would believe.

Well, I guess it isn't an April Fools joke. Google wouldn't lie, would it?

Lifetime Contract = Silly

I researched that because it made no sense to me. The extension Cal signed in 2017 is for $8 million a year (same as UCLA’s offer). The $9.2 million figure he’s making this year has to include bonuses I would believe.

 

At UCLA just state taxes would eat 8% more than at UK.

UCLA also in the past, at least, has given little money to assistant coaches...much less than UK. Would be tougher to assemble a staff there.

 

I think the UCLA deal had a big signing bonus and then much smaller yearly salary, which in the end was about what he made at UK in total.

Lifetime Contract = Silly

 

Spurrier is back at Florida in a similar "Ambassador" position.

Huge fan of Cal, but I agree.

 

Contracts are made to be broken, I'm sure he could still be fired for cause. I think he's only coaching another 5 or 6 years, so I have no issue with a "Lifetime Contract." He's not going to make the same money after he steps down as coach, it would be dramaticly less.

Spurrier is back at Florida in a similar "Ambassador" position.

 

I can top that, @gold sunrise is back at BGP as an Ambassador!

Just announced, UK and Cal agree on deal that keeps him at UK until retirement.

Sounds good for the fans, but means little to nothing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.