Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K and Coach Cal

Featured Replies

I know we have seen some talk by UK fans that coach Cal will never win another title at UK. That Cal chokes in the tournament. That coach K also recruits better than Cal now and Cal cant win without the players coach K gets now.

 

Well if that all is true then coach K has lost it too? Since 2015 he has lost in the sweet 16, 2nd round, and elite 8 twice. Which coincidence enough are the exact same results for coach Cal at UK over the last 4 years. Duke has only been in the final four twice in the last 15 years.

 

Which as everyone says on here coach K is beating Cal at his own game getting even better recruits. Just think over the last 4 years Duke has had the same results as UK with guys such as Brandon Ingram, Luke Kennard, Jayson Tatum, Zion Willamson, Marvin Bagley, RJ Barrett. Yet he has the exact same results as coach Cal over the last 4 seasons and coach K has had the better players.

 

Coach K usually has had a top seed most years over the last 30 years. So should people say he chokes too, since there were only 5 years he didnt choke?

 

Sorry obviously coach K is probably the best coach of all time. It just shows how ridiculous some of my fellow UK fans are. Losing sucks, but it's crazy talk to act like UK should move on from coach Cal.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calipari is Perfect for UK imo. It's hard to win the NCAA Tournament.

Give me Coach K. any day.

 

Surprised, since you hate UK and Cal. :lol2:

Surprised, since you hate UK and Cal. :lol2:

 

Part correct, but its more fun to let wrong be thought, then to try and correct it.:deadhorse:

If Duke and UK fans are dissatisfied with their current head coaches, I just don't know what they want.

If Duke and UK fans are dissatisfied with their current head coaches, I just don't know what they want.

 

Seriously! There’s 347 schools who play D1 basketball. 347 would take Cal or Coach K as their top 2.

Maybe K should stop taking Cal’s players and go back to his system, then Cal will get his players again and the world goes back to being round?

With 8 second left in the Duke game I said - I will take Coach K over Cal in this situation. But after the play Duke ran coming out of the timeout - not sure.

 

The two best one and doner schools just missed the final weekend - again. The high level talent seems to take away or reduce the power of good coaching and of strong teamwork in the clutch.

 

Most would consider K a better XXXs and OOOs coach than Cal. But when you are working with a group of kids for only one season and they rely more on their raw talent rather than a couple of years of coach development - does it make a difference?

UK Fans After Losing to Auburn: “Coach Cal has lost it. He doesn’t get the best recruits and never gets players to stay 4 years.”

 

UK Fans After Duke lost: “Stop bashing Coach Cal. Coach K just lost with the greatest team of all time.”

 

Me: The only people I heard bashing Cal were you.

UK Fans After Losing to Auburn: “Coach Cal has lost it. He doesn’t get the best recruits and never gets players to stay 4 years.”

 

UK Fans After Duke lost: “Stop bashing Coach Cal. Coach K just lost with the greatest team of all time.”

 

Me: The only people I heard bashing Cal were you.

 

Not this guy.

 

It’s hard to win this tournament. Coach K and Coach Cal put themselves in a position to win it every year....

 

What else could you ask for ?

Coach K just lost agame with the greatest athlete to play a sport...ever...

 

He lost to a lower ranked Michigan state team with a lebron/ Kobe/Jordan/ Hardin/ magic/ shaq on his team. It’s really hard to fathom.

Not this guy.

 

It’s hard to win this tournament. Coach K and Coach Cal put themselves in a position to win it every year....

 

What else could you ask for ?

I don’t know. I don’t have a huge issue with Cal. There are some things I wish he would do differently, but I still think he’s the best man for the job in Lexington.

I love Coach Cal but wished he would call more timeouts at the end of games. Izzo called a timeout and came right out and made a Hugh three.

I don’t know. I don’t have a huge issue with Cal. There are some things I wish he would do differently, but I still think he’s the best man for the job in Lexington.

 

I agree with that. The last 10 years have been great except for one year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.