What is your criteria....

diggerphelps

UM may well be #2, but not allowing the Pac10/SEC/BEast/ACC a chance to prove themselves is ridiculous.

IMO, Arkansas (should they win out) deserves a shot more than anyone. They lost their opener to the #2/3 team in the land and have improved dramatically since.

I guess this may be the best argument, but I do not see the Hogs winning out so I think this is a moot point.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UM had their chances and was given the chances by Ohio State. I am a fan of neither but think in a rematch, unless Ohio State self destructs as they did on Saturday, this game is not close.

Ohio State made more big plays in Michigan's behalf than Michigan did. They don't fumble twice on snaps and don't have a huge penalty to sustain the last drive and OSU wins by over two TD's.

I agree 100% on every point (other than I am an OSU fan). You and I watched the same game. :thumb:

If Michigan and Ohio State do play in the title game and Michigan were to win, how can that not be a split National title?

My argument would be that Michigan won the "Title" game on a neutral field, whereas OSU's win over Michigan would have come in a regular season game on their home field.

If they rematch, and Michigan wins, then they will and should be the unanimous national champion.

UM may well be #2, but not allowing the Pac10/SEC/BEast/ACC a chance to prove themselves is ridiculous.

Everyone THINKS that OSU and UM are the two best, but having them play again proves nothing.

Give Florida/Arkansas/Rutgers/USC/ND/BSU a chance to prove that OSU isn't all they're cracked up to be. If OSU puts a beat down on them, then OSU and UM should be ranked 1 and 2 in the final polls.

You have to allow the possibility that another team (especially USC/Florida/Arkansas since UM beat ND and OSU beat Texas) COULD be better. By REPLAYING a game thats ALREADY BEEN PLAYED, nothing is learned.

UM/OSU aren't going to change dramatically between now and the title game. Arkansas HAS changed dramatically since their only loss.

IMO, Arkansas (should they win out) deserves a shot more than anyone. They lost their opener to the #2/3 team in the land and have improved dramatically since.

It could be argued that Arkansas blew their shot when McFadden dislocated his toe in a bar fight...

If Michigan gets a rematch and win the game by one on a bad call who is the champion? I know the BCS has to go to the winner of the game, but what about the polls? Michigan has one good win and had their chance to beat OSU. Let someone else do it. Just because USC has played close games and lost by two on the road to a team not as good as Ohio State doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the title game if they win out. If they beat the SEC champion, the Big 12 champion, ND, and win their conference they have a valid argument.

Plus USC's SOS was stronger than Arkansas' this season if I remember the last SOS I saw. I think they were #2.

Houston Nutt has to be kicking himself for trying to be a passing team in that game instead of just feeding McFadden. They changed strategies after that game and have been much better.

Did McFadden play against USC?

If Michigan gets a rematch and win the game by one on a bad call who is the champion? I know the BCS has to go to the winner of the game, but what about the polls? Michigan has one good win and had their chance to beat OSU. Let someone else do it. Just because USC has played close games and lost by two on the road to a team not as good as Ohio State doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the title game if they win out. If they beat the SEC champion, the Big 12 champion, ND, and win their conference they have a valid argument.

I think you make a great point about a rematch game. It is a no win situation for OSU. They win and they had already beat them. If they don't, they can make a good argument that they should be co-champs. All of the pressure is on OSU in this game.

UM had their chance and couldn't get it done. Give USC or Florida if they win out a chance.

Now USC and Florida loses and Arkansas loses to LSU. I can better see a rematch

to be the #2 team in the nation?

How can the #2 team in the nation not be the team whose only loss is @ the #1 team in the nation by 3 points?

USC-loses to Oregon St.

Florida-loses to Auburn

Arkansas-loses to USC

Notre Dame-loses to Michigan

Rutgers-loses to Cincinnati

Louisville-loses to Rutgers

West Virginia-loses to Louisville

Isn't it obvious? :confused:

My only problem with it is Michigan had it's opportunity and didn't win..Then if they play each other again and Mich were to win, the OSU would cry foul and want to play a rubber match...If OSU wins again, then everyone will cry foul that were on the outside looking in and didn't get the opportunity...To me, it would be a BCS nightmare and I don't think they will allow they want that at all....Secondly, the BCS always uses the reason that a playoff system takes away from the regular season, as each week is by all rights, a playoff game....Wouldn't a rematch be a contradiction to everything they promote now...

My only problem with it is Michigan had it's opportunity and didn't win..Then if they play each other again and Mich were to win, the OSU would cry foul and want to play a rubber match...If OSU wins again, then everyone will cry foul that were on the outside looking in and didn't get the opportunity...To me, it would be a BCS nightmare and I don't think they will allow they want that at all....Secondly, the BCS always uses the reason that a playoff system takes away from the regular season, as each week is by all rights, a playoff game....Wouldn't a rematch be a contradiction to everything they promote now...

Where have you seen the BCS promote this???

Arkansas may not be any better today with their revolving qb situation.

which begat

If you can't see the significance in the difference of Arkansas from beg. to end then you aren't as smart as you seem on here.

The Arkansas passing game was 5 for 20 against LSU. They curtain was pulled.

If USC wins out they deserve to be #2, a loss to (8-4) OSU @ OSU, missing a two point conversion to win the game. UM is a very good team but what happens if they beat OSU, are they champs since they beat the Bucks??? Whey should OSU have to beat UM twice to win a title, they've already beaten UM, UM shouldn't be the champs just because they won the rematch.