9th Region Tournament Draw

The crazy luck of the draw, Beechwood wins district over CC. Cov Cath get the better draw in region. IMO...Just never know what will happen.

I don’t really think they did. If they can get by Saint Henry, their next game would be against either Conner or Newport. They have both done something that CCH hasn’t done this year and that’s beat Beechwood.

If Beechwood gets by Dixie, they would play a team that has beaten them either way.

I think all the games could be close and should be a great tournament for 9th Region fans.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The crazy luck of the draw, Beechwood wins district over CC. Cov Cath get the better draw in region. IMO...Just never know what will happen.

Is there a "better draw" this year? Seriously. These teams have beaten each other during the year so it is hard to say what is a good draw or a bad draw. It looks too evenly matched to say what draw is better or worse.

A lot of opportunities for revenge here. Cooper beat Highlands, but at Cooper. Beechwood beat Dixie, at Dixie. Newport beat Conner, at Conner. And, CCH beat St. Henry, at St. Henry.

All of these teams are better than they were at the time they played in the regular season.

I believe Highlands and Conner have the best chance to have some “get back.”

I wish these games were a little more spread out like in years past but I guess since the Sweet 16 is early this year so everyone is pretty much all on the same schedule. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. In years past I could get to more games because a final may be played on the following Monday or Tuesday. I think one of the 9th region finals I went to was on a Sunday once.

Anyways, I don't know if I'll get to make it to any 9th region games but if it goes anything like the regular season, there will be surprises. I still expect Cov Cath and Cooper to meet in the finals but if Newport beats Conner which is a big IF. Then I give them a decent shot at beating Cov Cath. Would not surprise me to see Highlands win a game or 2. Sisson is a man inside and won't go down without a fight. I'm sure Beechwood is riding high after 2 wins v Cov Cath. Not sure if they'll be a letdown or not. They won their first district in a while so that's a check off the bucket list but a trip to Rupp will be twice as hard.

My prediction is Cov Cath v Cooper in the finals. Upset prediction would be Newport v Beechwood. If that's the case, I will be there Saturday night at the Bank.

Just for fun. If it was seeded by the last rankings PP1 gave here is what you would have:

1. Cooper vs 8. Dixie

4. Newport vs 5. Highlands

3. Cov Cath vs 6. Conner

2. Beechwood vs 7. St. Henry

I'm not that important.

Here is how I seed the tournament based on odds of winning:

1. Cov Cath - Beat the three teams on their side of the bracket by 17, 16 and 15.

2. Cooper - Beat the three teams on their side of the bracket by 24, 20 and 11.

3. Beechwood - More favorable round 1 matchup than Newport's.

4. Newport - Better matchups than Highlands.

5. Highlands - Very tough draw. Would likely have to beat the top 3 in region to win it.

6. Conner - Only lost by 2 to Newport, which gives them a better chance of getting to round 2.

7. St. Henry - If they pull off the big upset over CCH, they have a win over Newport and only lost by 3 to Conner.

8. Dixie Heights - Like Highlands, would have to beat the top 3 in the region to win it.