9th Region Tournament Draw

I said months ago the region was Cooper #1 and CovCath #2, and I think that is how it will shake out. Cooper over CovCath in a final at The Bank and Coach Sully's boys move on to Rupp. Anything but that being the case and I'll be shocked.

Prepare to be shocked! ;-)

It is unlikely this year that it will shake out like that...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You see, that’s the thing about this regional tournament. A lot of these teams have beaten atleast one or more of these 8 opponents. But, we also had some key missing factions in many of these games....

1. Walters missed several games for Cooper.

2. Mayer missed most of the season for these opponents.

3. Harding was missing for Newport vs. St. Henry & McGuire vs. CovCath

4. Brannen was missing for Beechwood vs. Conner.

5. Highlands was without Vinson for Cooper.

6. Scott missed some time for Conner.

7. St. Henry was without Becker for Newport and a couple other games, I believe.

I’m certain there are more intriguing DNPs I missed.

Hopefully all these teams are at full strength at this time of year. Their are no significant injuries that I’m aware of. What a tournament this could be!

Any word on which region will be officiating the tournament? Depending who it is it could be a 2-3 point swing for a team. If they let physical play go Cooper, Cov Cath, St Henry, Newport, and Highlands might have the advantage. If they call bumps and hand checks then Beechwood, Conner, and Dixie might get some points they normally wouldn’t.

Any word on which region will be officiating the tournament? Depending who it is it could be a 2-3 point swing for a team. If they let physical play go Cooper, Cov Cath, St Henry, Newport, and Highlands might have the advantage. If they call bumps and hand checks then Beechwood, Conner, and Dixie might get some points they normally wouldn’t.

Thought I saw in this thread that it is the 6th/7th region. So Louisville Officials.

So Beechwood, Conner and Dixie are not physical teams?

I am not sure how 5 teams can have an advantage especially when 4 of them play each other in round one. Both teams in a game can't have the "advantage."

It is the 6 th and 7th region officials.

I should have been clearer in my statement. I was alluding to which teams would have the advantage if the game is allowed to be played at a more physical level. If Cooper and Beechwood play each other in round 2 and the refs allow hand checking, bumping in the lane, and battles for rebounding Cooper could see in my opinion a 2-3 point advantage. I agree that in the Cooper/Highlands game both teams can’t have the advantage, same with Beechwood/Dixie.

Conner vs Newport if the game is called tight like the 1st game between the two it could favor Conner.

As to the the question of Conner, Beechwood, and Dixie not being physical, in my opinion they are not as physical as the others I mentioned. Having watched Conner all year they don’t have that 6’4 or 6’5 kid that controls the boards. Highlands, Cov Cath, And Newport have that kid for sure.