February 25, 20197 yr Lasagna here. What say you? Yes! Same! And that was always my birthday meal request. My sisters recently visited and made it for me, with mom’s recipe.
February 25, 20197 yr This thread makes me miss my mom. Me too. My mom died from cancer. She never wrote down any of her recipes. After she got sick, I carefully watched when she made my favorite things, and secretly wrote down what she did. After her death, I could never recreate her recipes despite the fact that I watched so closely. Guess there is a bit of mom magic in the cooking that makes it so good!
February 25, 20197 yr Meatloaf Homemade Spaghetti Sauce My two favorites of hers. Lol, not gonna lie, my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce sucks.
February 25, 20197 yr Author Lol, not gonna lie, my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce sucks. :lol2::lol2:
February 26, 20197 yr Mashed potatoes. Other mashed potatoes are fine, but they aren’t just right like my moms. My mother in law makes the best spaghetti and meat sauce that I’ve had. Really it’s not close.
February 28, 20197 yr My mom was an excellent baker. Yeast bread and rolls, pies, cakes cookies, you name it. I make great pies. Both my sisters are cake makers and decorators. None of us can make yeast bread or rolls the way she did. A favorite was a meat, cabbage mix rolled up in yeast dough called a Baroke. Yum. I have tried many times to duplicate. No luck..
February 28, 20197 yr Sweet Iced Tea It was from my maternal grandfather's side of the family North Augusta, SC. So good.
February 28, 20197 yr Just a thought but should we either share our mom's recipe or should we start a new thread? How awesome would that be?
March 2, 20197 yr Just a thought but should we either share our mom's recipe or should we start a new thread? How awesome would that be? If you've got it, I say go for it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.