Did not know that. I'm sure he will respond in some sort of way. AEW maybe just the thing for WWE ratings to go up.

I hope AEW lights a fire under Vince, but I'm not holding my breath.

I imagine Saturday's Takeover will be a very good show. They usually are anyway.

I thought Double or Nothing was a great show, far better than most WWE main roster shows. Not quite as good as NXT Takeover shows, but not far behind.

Biggest drawback for me was that there were so many people in the early matches that I just didn’t know. That’s a problem that should be resolved once the weekly TV show begins airing.

Loved seeing Moxley on there. I thought he would be there but the biggest surprise for me was Bret Hart presenting the World Title belt. AEW has a fresh feel to it just like WCW Nitro did when it began. Hopefully it won’t crash and burn after a few years like Nitro.

Can’t stand watching WWE now but I don’t want them to fail, I want them to improve. Hopefully AEW will motivate them to do so, just like WCW did.

Cody says AEW won't have monthly pay per views.

Doing very few house shows also.

I don't know how they're going to make money. There's no rights fees in their contract with Turner. Turner is picking up production costs, but AEW is only getting a portion of the advertising money.

I just don't see how it will be financially feasible.

I don't know how they're going to make money. There's no rights fees in their contract with Turner. Turner is picking up production costs, but AEW is only getting a portion of the advertising money.

Maybe Khan can sell his soccer team he owns?

I think they are taking the same route that Vince is taking with the XFL. They can afford to eat some losses for a few years, then if the TV ratings are good enough, they can command a better deal in the next contract. Seems like it’s all about the TV money nowadays.

I think they are taking the same route that Vince is taking with the XFL. They can afford to eat some losses for a few years, then if the TV ratings are good enough, they can command a better deal in the next contract. Seems like it’s all about the TV money nowadays.

That could be the case, but it's definitely about TV money right now.

• 4 years later...