Kentucky 27 Penn State 24

16thBBall Fan

After finally getting a chance to look at the stats, it seems like special teams really was the difference maker in this game.

UK stopped Penn States early fake punt attempt, resulting in points for UK. UK was perfect on FG attempts 2-2, while Penn State was 1-3. Bowden had a huge punt return for a touchdown. Then looking at the numbers, despite one very poor punt early on by UK, Penn State only netted 1 return yard for the game on punts.

The UK offense struggled at times just as it has all season. Penn State had 8 different guys with pass receptions compared to UK's 4, over half of which were made by Bowden.

Defense played great at times but then got complacent other times as well. Josh Allen with 3 sacks definitely helped keep Penn State a little off balance. Kentucky did win the turnover battle with one fumble recovery and and interception.

Overall it was a great atmosphere and a big win for Kentucky Football. I'm hoping there were some recruits watching yesterday that would like to help keep this program moving in the right direction.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Coach Stoops reaction when Franklin ran the fake punt- he was jumping around and yelled “Bring it on!”

Then after the game he countered Franklins statement about Penn State being the real blue and white with his own “we know who the real Blue and white is!”

I guess Franklin was a little smug and got on Stoops nerves this week.

Love the extra motivation

I liked Coach Stoops reaction when Franklin ran the fake punt- he was jumping around and yelled “Bring it on!”

Then after the game he countered Franklins statement about Penn State being the real blue and white with his own “we know who the real Blue and white is!”

I didn't get to see any of that other than Stoops post game comments but I wasn't clear on the context of them at the time. That's good stuff.

As far as the Penn State faithful they were all nice and friendly before and after the game. With that said you could certainly tell they didn't think UK had a shot in hell to win that game.

I didn't get to see any of that other than Stoops post game comments but I wasn't clear on the context of them at the time. That's good stuff.

As far as the Penn State faithful they were all nice and friendly before and after the game. With that said you could certainly tell they didn't think UK had a shot in hell to win that game.

If Penn State fans were nice and friendly it simply means they didn’t respect UKs chance to win at all. Penn State has some of the nastiest fans in the country. I’ve heard horror stories of fans visiting Happy Valley for a game.

If Penn State fans were nice and friendly it simply means they didn’t respect UKs chance to win at all. Penn State has some of the nastiest fans in the country. I’ve heard horror stories of fans visiting Happy Valley for a game.

They weren't very talkative after the game. Most of my interactions were prior to the game, walking around, eating, hotel etc.

They weren't very talkative after the game. Most of my interactions were prior to the game, walking around, eating, hotel etc.

In the future to avoid such a post-game funk, perhaps they should put a better team on the field. Just a suggestion.

A lot of the fans, on both sides, at this game were not who you would see in Happy Valley or Lexington. A large portion of that crowd were residents of Florida and South Georgia. Nobody I talked to in my section lived in either Kentucky or Pennsylvania. All of them were "local".

Sounds like Stoops still had a grudge from back in Franklin's Vandy days, early in Stoops UK career.

When the game was well in hand, Franklin called an aggressive TD drive to end the game to make the score more lopsided. At the hand shake supposed Stoops to Franklin he would pay for that.