Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)

Who wins Friday? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I want to echo orisonspi's post earlier wishing everyone from Middlesboro a safe trip. Coming up 23/119, when you get to Pikeville, you will be about 30 minutes away from CAM Stadium.

 

The trip from Pikeville to Belfry is easier than it used to be, the mountains have been bypassed and some of the 2 lane winding roads have as well. But they are still doing some road construction on the last stages of that project. Not enough to where they will hold traffic, but there are some small detours and areas where you need to be careful. Just a heads up.

 

When Belfry came down there in 2003, a lot of people went down 23 through Duffield and then took 58 over and through the tunnel into Middlesboro. That is a decent trip too if you don't want to travel 119 the whole way.

 

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a safe return. See ya tonight. :ylsuper:

  • Replies 160
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thinks thats a pretty solid outlook orisonspi. The only correction I would add, is that our corners never think run defense, when they're locked to the wr with their backs turned they would fallow the WR into the restroom if he went there. Antoher thing I would like to add. Belfry's d-line is alot smaller this year and as you say and probably the quickest Middlesboro has faced. But what I like is our offensive line againts that quick D front of yours. We don't have huge, slow O-linemen. Our guys are for the most part around 5-10 220 lbs, they move very very well. Quick D-fronts give the most trouble to BIG offensive lines that can't match the D-linemen in foot quickness. So instead of giving the Belfry D-line the advantage before the game, I say this will be a very interesting battle between the M'boro O-line and the Belfry D-line. That will probably be the first thing I will look for when the game starts to see which front is better, and this very well could make the difference in the game.

Belfry's d-ends and OLB's will determine if they can stop Middlesboro or not. The inside veer is not that hard to stop. Its when Hoskins pulls the ball and keeps it his-self when it gets interesting. They'll run that 32-33 5 or six times in a row and get you're outside guys biting down and then run a keep or option. And when these guys get outside, look out. They killed Leslie on a plain old draw from rifle. It was kind of like a trap.

They're corners play straight man, no run support at all. That's how they can stack the box with 8 or 9. Weather is dictating a running game even on field turf, but I think Middlesboro will come out throwing. Look for a deep ball to Adams or Farr early.

The only correction I would add, is that our corners never think run defense, when they're locked to the wr with their backs turned they would fallow the WR into the restroom if he went there. .[/QU

 

 

 

My guess is, the CB's in question will provide more run support than Middlesboro fans have seen all year. If not...that will truly be a head scratcher.

Just run the WR's deep all game!

 

If Middlesboro loses it will be because of the unnecessarily risky defense.

Just run the WR's deep all game!

 

If Middlesboro loses it will be because of the unnecessarily risky defense.

 

I second that opinion!:thumb:

Question for Middlesboro fans, how would you compare this team to the 2003 Jacket team?

How would I compare it to the 2003 team? Less size on the line, more talent and speed in the skill area!!!

 

Go Jackets!!!

I'll be rooting for The Boro in this one.

M*Boro-35

Belfry-31

Defensively, the Jackets will pose a ton of challenges for an undersized Pirate defense that has struggled tackling. Belfry will easily be the quickest defense the jackets have seen, and the Pirates will be in position to make plays. The question is will Belfry be proactive or reactive on defense?
That Central team out of Knoxville had 2 guys on defense that ran a 4.4 x40 and several others that ran 4.60 and just above.

 

 

It's hard to imagine a defense faster than that.

I don't think we will be anywhere near as quick as Knoxville Central.

 

This should be a great game, though, and it seems the two teams match up better than we have the past couple of meetings.

 

I'm waiting anxiously, but the clock is running pretty slow today.

I don't think we will be anywhere near as quick as Knoxville Central.

 

This should be a great game, though, and it seems the two teams match up better than we have the past couple of meetings.

 

I'm waiting anxiously, but the clock is running pretty slow today.

Yeah we are leaving at 3:00 and I'm all ready to go and it's only 1:35.

 

I think i got ready way to early.:irked:

How would I compare it to the 2003 team? Less size on the line, more talent and speed in the skill area!!!

 

Go Jackets!!!

 

I would say that the 2003 team had a bigger offensive and defensive line for sure. The 2003 Jackets also had a far better defensive backfield (athletically and fundementally). Brad Cawood and P.J. Burroughs at CBs are hard to beat. The current Jackets don't have a player on the team the size of Justin Stewart or Mikey Idol.

 

That being said, I think the 2006 Jackets have a far better running game. Hoskins is more of a threat to run the ball than Bowling probably was and it helps having a D1 prospect in the backfield.

 

I think this team is very comparable to the 2003 Jackets. Most people forget that the 2003 Jackets had 7 seniors go on to play college football. The 2006 Jackets might have a few go to a high level but I doubt they will have 7.

I would say that the 2003 team had a bigger offensive and defensive line for sure. The 2003 Jackets also had a far better defensive backfield (athletically and fundementally). Brad Cawood and P.J. Burroughs at CBs are hard to beat. The current Jackets don't have a player on the team the size of Justin Stewart or Mikey Idol.

 

That being said, I think the 2006 Jackets have a far better running game. Hoskins is more of a threat to run the ball than Bowling probably was and it helps having a D1 prospect in the backfield.

 

I think this team is very comparable to the 2003 Jackets. Most people forget that the 2003 Jackets had 7 seniors go on to play college football. The 2006 Jackets might have a few go to a high level but I doubt they will have 7.

Mikey Idol wasn't on the 2003 team ,was he??:confused:

 

I though the Beechwood game of 2002 was his final game for M.H.S.

I don't think we will be anywhere near as quick as Knoxville Central.

 

This should be a great game, though, and it seems the two teams match up better than we have the past couple of meetings.

 

I'm waiting anxiously, but the clock is running pretty slow today.

 

 

I agree 7:30 can't get here soon enough.. This should be a whale of a game, for Belfry to win they must sustain drives and play especially well at special teams, they can not allow Mboro to start with good field position all night. I look for both teams to play well.. but I think we will finally see the Bucs come out with a little extra fire tonight, I think they know what is on the line and will come ready. Go Bucs.

 

Lets Cram the CAM tonight!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.