Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)

Who wins Friday? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Actually, with Hoskins' rushing yards added in there, it sounds like Middlesboro has gained more yards on the ground this year than Belfry.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not according to what M'boro has turned into the KHSAA.

 

They report a total of 3308 rushing yards, which means Hoskins couldn't have quite 1000 if the numbers for the others are correct. I would assume they list the top 3 on the website, and that would suggest Hoskins rushing totals, reported by M'boro to the KHSAA would be less than Bowlings 694.

Hope you are treated better with this question to the Pirates than when I asked the Bardstown bunch the "where is he now" regarding John Monin (QB of B-town '01)...

 

:eek: :sssh:

 

 

Hearsay let it be known he wasn't wanting to answer that question, didn't he.

 

I still have no clue what the reasoning for that was.:confused:

Get ready for a great game in the first half.

 

Belfry 21

M'boro 14

Hearsay let it be known he wasn't wanting to answer that question, didn't he.

 

I still have no clue what the reasoning for that was.:confused:

Without any personal knowledge of the situation, but going on what I've heard in the past, I suspect that Hearsay felt the answer wouldn't be appropriate for the message board.

weather.com is saying to expect Friday evening for temperatures in theupper 30's... slight chance of rain and according to their weather map an outside chance of wintery precipitation.

 

Bundle up Jacket fans and make sure you bring something to sit on cause the metal bleachers get cold. Although, I have a feeling most people will be standing throughout this one.

 

Also, to cover all bases:

 

The trip is estimated to take 3 to 3.5 hours. For those who have never been to the new stadium just take US 119 North beyond the old high school (it is now a Middle school) after a couple miles the new school will be impossible to miss on your right. There is ample parking if you get there early enough, and tailgaters will be out. If Middlesboro chooses to bring a large crowd.. there is plentiful visitor seating,,, but don't expect to find empty seats on the homeside.. there is though a lot f standing room all around the field if it comes to that.

 

If it does rain... umbrellas ARE NOT ALLOWED in the stadium, so plan accordingly with ponchos.

 

If you need places to eat before the game, about .2 miles up the road you will find Arby's, Captain D's, McDonalds, Giovanni's Pizza, The Thoroughbred Steakhouse (which has a pretty good hot bar), and Hardee's... about an additional mile further you can find Subway, Wendy's, Long Johns, Pizza Hut, and Dairy Queen. For tailgating food, additional clothing, blankets, etc... the Wal-Mart is a stone's throw from the stadium as well.

 

If you want to listen to a radio broadcast while at the game, or for a pre-game show... 96.5 FM will be covering the game.

 

For those who have never been to CAM before you are in for a real treat. Not only are the facilities top of the line, but the atmosphere is wonderful, the PA is loud, and the lines at the concession stands and restrooms move quick.

how do you expect the seating situation to be? Havn't been there since the renovations.

how do you expect the seating situation to be? Havn't been there since the renovations.

You shouldn't have any problems... the visitors side runs between the 35 yard lines and goes up quite a few rows. I would estimate it could hold 750-1000 fans. Bigger than quite a few home bleachers I have seen. If you arrive 15 minutes prior to gametime I am willing to bet you will be able to get a seat on the visitors side.

 

There is literally not a bad seat in the house.. the stadium seats 3500 or so... and capacity would be much more due to all the areas available for standing room.

crowd.jpg

This is the homeside....

CAM2.JPG

Courtesy of Watusi in an earlier thread..overview of stadium

Ive yet to see a visitor fill up their side.

 

The home side has been full everytime I have been to a "decent" game. For big games, people will likely be standing.

 

I think I have said it before, but I would have extended the grandstand another 5 yards at least on each end. Maybe 10. Week in and week out, it might not pack out, but I think Half of the home games would fill and each playoff game after the 1st round could use the additional seating.

 

As much as I loved Vipperman, CAM is a pretty awesome place to watch a game. The surface is seriously top notch. The Restrooms are heated/cooled and the concession on the home side is ample. Additionally, and I think wonderfully, the vistor side also has its' own concession.

Ive yet to see a visitor fill up their side.

 

The home side has been full everytime I have been to a "decent" game. For big games, people will likely be standing.

 

I think I have said it before, but I would have extended the grandstand another 5 yards at least on each end. Maybe 10. Week in and week out, it might not pack out, but I think Half of the home games would fill and each playoff game after the 1st round could use the additional seating.

 

As much as I loved Vipperman, CAM is a pretty awesome place to watch a game. The surface is seriously top notch. The Restrooms are heated/cooled and the concession on the home side is ample. Additionally, and I think wonderfully, the vistor side also has its' own concession.

 

Not to mention how many high school football venues actually have tailgaters in Ketucky? HAHA

 

I really would like to see what CAM would look like if it had the crowds from the 2004 Pburg and Russell games. I have never seen that many people at a high school game outside of Cardinal Stadium/Papa Johns in my life! In fact, if the 9000+ attendance figures are correct it was more than quite a few state championship games!

I don't remember Middlesboro bringing a "great" crowd last year.

 

As I said earlier. I have never seen the visitors side "packed" to standing room only capacity, and it holds roughtly 875 fans.

 

I HOPE the entire Middlesboro community gets in their car/truck and makes the trip!

 

If Middlesboro doesn't bring 1000 fans, then shame on them. They have a top 3 ranked team in the state!

I don't remember Middlesboro bringing a "great" crowd last year.

 

As I said earlier. I have never seen the visitors side "packed" to standing room only capacity, and it holds roughtly 875 fans.

 

I HOPE the entire Middlesboro community gets in their car/truck and makes the trip!

 

If Middlesboro doesn't bring 1000 fans, then shame on them. They have a top 3 ranked team in the state!

Especially considering how we travelled when they hosted us in 2003.... :scared:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.