North Carolina vs Kentucky predictions

NKYknowitall

Who ya got?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

It would take an A+ game from UK and about a C game from UNC for the Cats to win at this point. I only base that on what I saw yesterday from them vs Gonzaga.

Dad Gum it.

Carolina played remarkably ‘bad’ yesterday in some facets. 29 TO’s and allowed over 50% shooting.

Carolina played remarkably ‘bad’ yesterday in some facets. 29 TO’s and allowed over 50% shooting.

23 Turnovers.

They won the Rebound battle 42-21.

50.8% shooting by Gonzaga is not a bad defensive day.

13-25 for 52% from the 3 Point Line is a "bad day?"

Link to Box Score:

Gonzaga vs. North Carolina - Team Statistics - December 15, 2

23 Turnovers.

They won the Rebound battle 42-21.

50.8% shooting by Gonzaga is not a bad defensive day.

13-25 for 52% from the 3 Point Line is a "bad day?"

Link to Box Score:

Gonzaga vs. North Carolina - Team Statistics - December 15, 218 - ESPN

I said some, not all. The turnovers were bad, 23 is not good. Allowing 50% percent shooting is not good defense. Yes they were good in other parts but that was far from a complete game.

It would take an A+ game from UK and about a C game from UNC for the Cats to win at this point. I only base that on what I saw yesterday from them vs Gonzaga.

Dad Gum it.

North Carolina 88

Kentucky 70

I think UK will be pressed to keep a loss in the teens at this point of the season. However, I believe the Cats will improve before tourney time as long as they stay healthy.

While UNC just had a very nice win over Gonzaga. UNC has a lost where Michigan ran them out of the gym. UNC also lost to Texas, and Texas has already lost 3 games including a lost to Radford.

So UNC has 2 losses that are very similar to the two losses UK has had. So until UNC just beat Gonzaga, they were very similar to UK in the regard to how they had looked this year.

IMO this is a game where UK kind of will show people that they are better than what people believe. I think this game will be a game decided by 6 or less one way or another.