Southwestern 18 Boyle Co. 9

cammando

Great game.. The Warriors rolled up nearly 600 yds. of offense in the game but the proud Rebel defense stopped SW four times inside the ten yd. line to keep the game close... Both teams played their hearts out.. Hope the coaches can get together and keep the Boyle SW rivalry going...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High school football at it best!!!!! Great Great game out of both squads!!!! Classic game and one players will remember for a long long time. I want all the Boyle Co. seniors to know it was a pleasure to watch you play football for the last 4 years and it was an honor guys. Losing is tough but it makes you who you are in the future (WINNERS IN MY BOOK). Southwestern players let's keep it rolling and don't let up. Played your heart out tonight but nows it time to re group for next Friday night. I along with Commando hope the games between Boyle Co. and Southwestern continue because it only makes both teams better IMO. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

Ryan Smart would have had 300 yards rushing had that last run not been flagged. He was a MAN tonight! Congrats to Coach Anderson and the whole community there on the huge win that is much deserved!

I hope Boyle keeps their head up and goes back to work. I know it was a tough season but there is too much pride there to stay down.

Good luck to PSW next week! I'm proud of you Smarty!

Congratulations to a very deserving SWP team.

You all physically whipped up on us tonight!

Outstanding effort by Smart, Gibson and QB. They stepped up huge for their team tonight.

Jumper dad, referring to an earlier post, there is no end in titletown, maybe on hold last year and this year, but I think you will eat crow next year. Great programs don't fall b/c of a bad year or two, the system works, period! Talent levels will be back next year in full effect. The Rebels make a bigtime run in 07 in 4A.

MARK MY WORDS!

Congratulations to a very deserving SWP team.

You all physically whipped up on us tonight!

Outstanding effort by Smart, Gibson and QB. They stepped up huge for their team tonight.

Jumper dad, referring to an earlier post, there is no end in titletown, maybe on hold last year and this year, but I think you will eat crow next year. Great programs don't fall b/c of a bad year or two, the system works, period! Talent levels will be back next year in full effect. The Rebels make a bigtime run in 07 in 4A.

MARK MY WORDS!

First off congrats to the Warriors, you are going where no SW team has ever went.And to you BC Pride, yes there is an end. Boyle Co. may be great next year but they had their hats handed to them twice this year by what evidently was just a superior team. I don't think that Jumper Dad was trying to say that Boyle/Danville was done. He was just hoping for Somerset/SW to start a tradition of their own. Since SW/Somerset and Boyle/Danville will be in different classes next year I don't think that anyone will have to eat crow. They could all win a state title next year. As for the system working, I can see that but evidently it only works if the head coach's name is Smith. Tradition never graduates but this was a 6-6 team this year. Average at best.

First off congrats to the Warriors, you are going where no SW team has ever went.And to you BC Pride, yes there is an end. Boyle Co. may be great next year but they had their hats handed to them twice this year by what evidently was just a superior team. I don't think that Jumper Dad was trying to say that Boyle/Danville was done. He was just hoping for Somerset/SW to start a tradition of their own. Since SW/Somerset and Boyle/Danville will be in different classes next year I don't think that anyone will have to eat crow. They could all win a state title next year. As for the system working, I can see that but evidently it only works if the head coach's name is Smith. Tradition never graduates but this was a 6-6 team this year. Average at best.

I think that you are correct about two things. Boyle got their hats handed to them I agree. And yes, we will all be in different classes next year.

Coach Smith put an excellent system in place, and Coach Pardue uses that same system. What you forget is that there were 7 Sophomores and a freshman on that Starting Defense tonight, that is not an excuse at all. A decision was made for the Boyle County Program, that they were as good if not better than some of the upperclassmen, and so they played, and played pretty well I might add. Competing, and Should have beat, 2 possible state champion teams (Danville, Mercer). The thing that stuck out to me tonight, was a Senior dominated SWP team that was physically stronger than our 15 and 16 year olds. But we still played hard.

The bad news, our Youth that played all year this year, are no longer Freshman and Sophomores. Playing in the atmospheres they did this year, and the type games-they have very valuable experience that made them grow up a little quicker. The 10th, 9th, 8th grade group could make noise for YEARS to come. This is in no way a knock at SWP, they handled their business and I wish them luck with Central. Just making a point that the dynasty isn't over, just on hold. And for those that think otherwise, watch out the next few years. Get back to work REBS.