Trinity closed Thursday due to Brohm related threat

nkuclubbaseball19

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Having said that, the fact they closed school over that tweet is pretty incredible. Actually, ridiculous is a much more fitting word.

With a Grandson at the school, I beg to differ. You get a call from law enforcement that says there is a social media threat against the school. At that point there is no choice. Look at the risk both ways . On one side the risk is that it was not a real threat and you have to listen to Monday morning quarterbacks tell you how ridiculous you were. Don’t close in the face of a real threat and the risk is unimaginable. They made the right call. This is not something you joke about.

With a Grandson at the school, I beg to differ. You get a call from law enforcement that says there is a social media threat against the school. At that point there is no choice. Look at the risk both ways . On one side the risk is that it was not a real threat and you have to listen to Monday morning quarterbacks tell you how rediculous you were. Don’t close in the face of a real threat and the risk is unimaginable. They made the right call. This is not something you joke about.

If a school closes every time a tweet of that nature hit the web, it would literally never be open.

The Tweet was overly sarcastic but you just can’t joke about things like that these days. Closing school is probably too precautious, but he deserved a talking to. He will likely end up being arrested which is also too far.

The law is the law for a reason. He deserves some jewelry and a ride downtown, if nothing more than to scare him straight and make an example out him. With all the school shootings, some things you just can’t joke about, especially online, where literally, everyone can see it.

The law is the law for a reason. He deserves some jewelry and a ride downtown, if nothing more than to scare him straight and make an example out him. With all the school shootings, some things you just can’t joke about, especially online, where literally, everyone can see it.

Agreed!! I hope he receives the absolute maximum allowable punishment. Not only was his tweet dumb (obviously sarcastic? Yes. But wholly ignorant), but he then followed it up with two more. It is NOT funny....how can anyone be this completely tone deaf when every other week there is a school shooting somewhere.

No, when they saw the consequences they would stop making that kind of tweet. How often do you see tweets that threaten to burn down a specific school? This was my first.

This person doesn’t go to Trinity, for starters. It’s a parody account.

Teenagers say stupid stuff online literally every second of the day. If a kid tweets, “I hate my school and hope it burns to the ground.” is that a threat?