Trinity closed Thursday due to Brohm related threat

nkuclubbaseball19

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know how when your hangin' with your buds and one of you say something off color, and off the record just to be silly and intended to get everyone to say, "Oh you're bad", but everyone totally understands that you were just goofing and weren't serious?

Well... when you go and put stupid stuff on social media like that, its not "off the record"... it's out there for everyone to see, and so many people posting day after day stupidly seem to forget the difference.

The whole new normal of the social media and smart phones era that we live in makes so many think now that anything goes, and whatever common courtesy, sense of privacy, and just good sense that most used to exercise pre-tech age has in many ways been lost.

I recall about 25 years ago during the early days of cell phones seeing two people at a restaurant in a booth when one of them was taking a call. It immediately looked rude to me, and I said to my dinner partner look over there and you'll see the future.

And sure enough nobody bats a lash anymore when being out with others that we constantly interrupt the attention we're giving those we are with to check our phones and return texts etc... We all do it now, and no one really barks because we're all all fault yet it's still uneasy at times telling someone "Hold that thought, I need to reply to this text". It might be the new norm, but it's still rude, but now the mob rules and newer generations just all consider is acceptable.

And now that we're so many years deep in the FB era people have completely forgotten their initial reaction to the concept of blasting one's private life out there for the whole world to see as just being ludicrous, and here we are by the multi-millions leaving ourselves vulnerable to be spied on by Joe Nobody.

Don't get me wrong stupid and rude has always been around, we just now have modern technology to help magnify it.

Is the Person(s) who Tweeted enrolled at Trinity? If so then Suspension.....A Highlands Student this past week was suspended for his Off Color remarks towards the District Superintendent during the Black Out(Electricity) a few weeks back at Highlands High School. Kids have to realize what they are putting out there for the whole world to see. He erased it right away but it was Screen shot'd several times by other Students and it eventually got back to Administrators. It was nothing threatening but definitely uncalled for.

Closing school was absolutely the right call. In this day and age, school administrators have a very difficult time when there is a threat or a "threat" on social media. A missed day of school can be made up. Ignore it and something actually happen, well...we don't get lives back. If something did happen, some that criticize for closing the school would be criticizing for keeping it open.

I’m sorry I just won’t ever agree with closing the school over this specific incident. Taxpayer dollars are going towards this and it was so very clearly sarcasm. Again it was off color and he shouldn’t have said it, but this whole scenario has been an extreme overreaction.

I’m sorry I just won’t ever agree with closing the school over this specific incident. Taxpayer dollars are going towards this and it was so very clearly sarcasm. Again it was off color and he shouldn’t have said it, but this whole scenario has been an extreme overreaction.

Totally agree, there was about as much chance that this dude actually tried to burn down the school as there was Lt. Col. Frank Slade taking a flamethrower to the Baird School.

10 years ago this could have been considered a joke.

Those days are long gone....

The guy needs to at least be charged to set an example.

You can’t make jokes in a threatening way towards the public in today’s society.

My community has had a school shooting and multiple threats from idiots. The police and administrators have to be proactive . They will choose safety in caring for your kids. Sorry, no matter how dumb, no chance is taken in our world today.

Which taxpayer dollars are you referring to?

When you don’t work in a school it might be pretty easy to so lightly dismiss the threat. It’s not so easy for those who have to make such decisions, particularly in a time in which we have to practice active shooter drills and send our condolences to schools that have been attacked.

Which taxpayer dollars are you referring to?

When you don’t work in a school it might be pretty easy to so lightly dismiss the threat. It’s not so easy for those who have to make such decisions, particularly in a time in which we have to practice active shooter drills and send our condolences to schools that have been attacked.

Taxpayer dollars to arrest the man, investigate the “crime”, charge him with “terroristic threatening”, etc. Usually I’m with you that it’s better to be safe than sorry but come on this is just so far removed from being an actual threat. It’s so clearly sarcastic. It’s an utter waste of time. This was in no way serious. I’m extremely poor taste, yes.

Taxpayer dollars to arrest the man, investigate the “crime”, charge him with “terroristic threatening”, etc. Usually I’m with you that it’s better to be safe than sorry but come on this is just so far removed from being an actual threat. It’s so clearly sarcastic. It’s an utter waste of time. This was in no way serious. I’m extremely poor taste, yes.

Until you have to make these decisions, it is easy to think like you do. I have had to make these, more than I would like. I guarantee they did not have anyone in custody, therefore, there was no choice. Until they have a person in custody or are sure they won't show to school, they aren't going to school. When every student in that school is your responsibility with the decision, you have no choice but to be 100% sure. No way anyone knows that unless they were there in the decision making process.