Trinity closed Thursday due to Brohm related threat

nkuclubbaseball19

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do Facebook but my wife showed me several comments there that said they actually felt sorry for the guy. Unbelievable.

I feel sorry for him.

I saw the tweets as they were happening in real time. They were obviously tongue-in-cheek and never once did it cross my mind that they were serious.

Taken out of that context, I can see why SMPD and LMPD took them seriously and acted accordingly.

No matter what happens in the end, the longer this guy has a felony charge hanging over him for something like this, I'm going to think that's unfortunate.

It’s also ok to agree to disagree. But I just don’t see how anyone looks at that tweet and decides it should have escalated to this. I understand what you’re saying completely. I just don’t think it applies to this scenario.

I'm fine with disagreeing. However, you didn't answer my question. But we know the answer. You can't be 100% sure.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. When you have to make the call that might possibly affect lives, it is quite different.

I'm fine with disagreeing. However, you didn't answer my question. But we know the answer. You can't be 100% sure.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. When you have to make the call that might possibly affect lives, it is quite different.

I am 100% sure based on reading those tweets that there was never any threat to Trinity HS.

I feel sorry for him.

I saw the tweets as they were happening in real time. They were obviously tongue-in-cheek and never once did it cross my mind that they were serious.

Taken out of that context, I can see why SMPD and LMPD took them seriously and acted accordingly.

No matter what happens in the end, the longer this guy has a felony charge hanging over him for something like this, I'm going to think that's unfortunate.

Legally what is he looking at? This should be a pretty simple case for the defense right?

I don’t fault the school for closing or the police for taking action. I don’t think this man deserves a felony on his record but he needs to know that it’s not okay to joke about threatening the lives of children.

What if the lady in New Jersey would have dismissed the guy in Lawrenceburg as a joke?

Legally what is he looking at? This should be a pretty simple case for the defense right?

The charge is there so technically he's looking at a year in prison.

In reality, at worst this will be a plea down to a misdemeanor and I think it even more likely that this will ultimately be dismissed.

A killer can't appear to demonstrate sarcasm?

The reality is, you CAN'T know whether someone you absolutely don't know is joking or if there is intent behind what appears to be a joke.

Honestly, you don't really know if people you KNOW are joking sometimes. You have to take threats seriously.