Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A State Championship: #2 Corbin vs. #3 Central

Who Wins? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A season's worth of conversation among the so-called "Big Four" in Class 3A comes down to one final game between the Corbin Redhounds and Central Yellowjackets. Corbin enters the game fresh off a revenge victory over top-ranked and undefeated Boyle County, pitching a 21-0 shutout to get to the state finals for the second straight year. Central's dominant Dark Side Defense again ruled the day, scoring twice against Larue County and winning 46-8, advancing to the finals for the eighth time in twelve years.

 

Corbin and Central played a classic last season with the Redhounds winning 21-20 at Central in the state semifinals. This year's meeting is on the turf at Kroger Field. Who takes home the hardware?

I'll take Corbin, they have the better defense and have played a tougher schedule.

I’m going to take Central with their stingy defense.

Lowest scoring game of the finals. I can't even imagine Central's team speed on turf. I like the Jackets, 18-7.

  • Author
I'll take Corbin, they have the better defense and have played a tougher schedule.

 

Corbin has a better defense than a team that's allowed 82 points all year and has scored 13 defensive touchdowns?

I'm pulling for the Redhounds but I believe Central gets the W.

I'll take Corbin, they have the better defense and have played a tougher schedule.

 

Corbin’s defense is not better than Central’s.

Should be a good game. Both defenses are very good. I would have said Centrals D was better until Corbin just shut out Boyle, who’s offense was really good. Guess we will see in Lexington.

Gotta go with my Hounds. I saw them against Boyle last night and they are on top of their game and seem to be on a mission.

I think that Central wins closely in a revenge game. I believe that this will likely be the lowest scoring game of all six games being played.

Lowest scoring game of the finals. I can't even imagine Central's team speed on turf. I like the Jackets, 18-7.

 

We're thinking along the same lines. I go 21-6.

Corbin has so many kids and subs down all season, so comparing defensive numbers is a waste. I was at Corbin/Centeal game last year and Corbin dominated, the clock operator for Central gave Central about 10 more plays than they should’ve gotten in the second half and that’s the only reason it wound up being a 1 point game. Corbin isn’t going to blow them out but hounds win 28-14.

Central by two td’s

  • Author
Corbin has so many kids and subs down all season, so comparing defensive numbers is a waste. I was at Corbin/Centeal game last year and Corbin dominated, the clock operator for Central gave Central about 10 more plays than they should’ve gotten in the second half and that’s the only reason it wound up being a 1 point game. Corbin isn’t going to blow them out but hounds win 28-14.

 

It's funny how we only want to compare numbers if they're in our favor but if they aren't we find reasons to work around them.

 

Corbin/Central should be a great, low scoring game. Central's ability to score on defense could be the difference. However, a win by either team shouldn't come as a surprise.

This could be the best game of the weekend as I think both are very evenly matched.

 

With that said, I think this is Corbin’s year to get that title they have been building toward and fell just short of.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.