Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A State Championship: #2 Corbin vs. #3 Central

Who Wins? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Coach Greer's defense pitched a shutout in his last game coaching at Campbell Field, so maybe they can duplicate it against Central in his last game coaching.

Where is Coach going?

Where is Coach going?

 

He took a position at the Board, security director for the school system I believe, and will not be able to coach. May lose a couple of more asst. coaches as well is the rumor I heard at the game Friday night.

That's not good

Corbin 21-20.

Corbin will need to hit a couple of big scoring plays or plays that set them up on a short field to win this game. Corbin's just not big enough up front, especially after losing their biggest offensive lineman to a knee injury in the 1Q Friday night, to be able to grind it down the field consistently against Central's defense.

 

They will need Estep to be on target and I expect he will be, although he seemed to be just a little off against Boyle Co. Also a TD via special teams or from the defense would work as well.

I honestly think this one will be a whale of a game

 

IMHO, Central is a better running team than Boyle on multiple levels. I think they are a better run blocking team up front and the two backs they use are collectively better backs than Bartleson and Crawford.

 

I think Central and Boyle are comparable Defensively.

 

Obviously a healthy Boyle is a better passing Offense, but looking at an injured Smith and Bartleson not at 100%, I think it may be fair to say that Central's passing game may be fairly comparable in terms of attention it will warrant. Goodall's mobility will force the Corbin Defense to play a bit wider and potentially allow them to take less risks with their aggressiveness of play-calling.

 

Ukrari Baker is one of the State's most underrated players. His stat line doesnt jump off the page but he has elite ball skills anytime his number is dialed up. He had (2) TD's against Corbin last year.

 

My bold prediction is I don't think either team wins this by more than a TD.

This game is really hard to pick.

 

Either team winning this game would not surprise me.

 

However, in the interest of getting off the fence, I am going go with the Redhounds in this one.

 

I think Corbin has two signature wins, Beechwood and Boyle County.

 

Central doesn't appear to have any big wins to me.

 

I say Corbin is more battle tested and again give me the Redhounds in this one.

I'm going with Corbin to end their 36 year championship drought on Friday. I don't think they'll let another opportunity slip through their fingers.

 

Both of these teams are playing lights out on defense. I'm leaning toward a score somewhere in the range of 14-7. This game could easily go either way, just like all of the other games this weekend.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.