Corbin 21 Boyle County 0

charlesw88

Well we just got beat by a better team tonight. They came out and just beat Boyle in every aspect of the game. 280 yards of offense for Corbin to 208 for Boyle. This was probably Lanterns worse game all year. But we got beat and that is all you can say.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle scored a TD but it was ruled out of bounds on the field. That would have made it 14-7. The next play was a turnover. I would’ve like to see what happened after that.

Congrats to Corbin. They controlled the line of scrimmage and Boyle couldn’t counter their defense. Good luck next week!

I was thinking it was 7-0 then. Guess my memory was wrong. Even more the kudos to Corbin.

I hate it for Rebel Nation but they can take solace that a large majority of this team will be back next year as seniors. I know they will want to redeem themselves. The better team won. Congrats to Corbin and good luck next week.

I hope Reese heals properly and has a great summer.

Stay strong Rebels!!!!

I was worried at the half because Estep barely missed 2 receivers behind the defense that would have been TD's plus the bogus penalty against Corbin for interfering with the punt returner that nullified a fumble inside the red zone. They also kind of miss managed the clock at the end of the first half inside the 10 that resulted In no points. I kind of thought those missed points would come back and bite them, but the defense shut down the running game and didn't allow WR's to ever get behind them for any huge plays, plus they proved me wrong.

Congratulations Corbin! They wanted it more and deserved the win. Outplayed us in every phase of the game.

I believe you're right. Corbin kids really felt like they had something to prove after feeling as though they did not play well in the finals last year, plus Boyle may have come in a little too confident.

Boyle scored a TD but it was ruled out of bounds on the field. That would have made it 14-7. The next play was a turnover. I would’ve like to see what happened after that.

Congrats to Corbin. They controlled the line of scrimmage and Boyle couldn’t counter their defense. Good luck next week!

So it was a missed call?

So it was a missed call?

Yes, but that's part of it. Replays on WYMT, which officials don't have the benefit of using, showed a catch with both feet down in the end zone. Officials on the field ruled that the receiver came down out of bounds.

Yes, but that's part of it. Replays on WYMT, which officials don't have the benefit of using, showed a catch with both feet down in the end zone. Officials on the field ruled that the receiver came down out of bounds.

I had the WYMt broadcast on and they didn’t have any angles where you could really see live, you could see the receivers feet were down and didn’t come up, but no way to tel from our angle if feet were inbounds or not.