Augusta baseball field named after Child Molester

One Great Scorer

Fight to rename Allen Field continues | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

In 1978 the Augusta City filed used by youth and Augusta High School was naked after Harold Allen. In 1982 he was arrested for being a child molester. A new sign was even put up in 2000. The mayor then and city council member are running for re-election. So I’m sure stirring this back up was political. But it shouldn’t matter.

Harold Allen killed himself after he was arrested and there was a solid case against him, including kids willing to speak up, and pictures. He was never charged because he was dead. But the fact that he wasn’t charged and convicted is being used to support it being named Allen Field.

Fight to rename Allen Field continues | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

In 1978 the Augusta City filed used by youth and Augusta High School was naked after Harold Allen. In 1982 he was arrested for being a child molester. A new sign was even put up in 2000. The mayor then and city council member are running for re-election. So I’m sure stirring this back up was political. But it shouldn’t matter.

Harold Allen killed himself after he was arrested and there was a solid case against him, including kids willing to speak up, and pictures. He was never charged because he was dead. But the fact that he wasn’t charged and convicted is being used to support it being named Allen Field.

I’m sure that there is a Freudian slip in the first sentence.