Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs Mason County

Who Wins? 122 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ashland prediction,

 

It saddens me to write this but from what I’ve been told Ashland will be going to the line that they played against JC, it was a bad move then and its still a bad move, anyone that watched the Boyd Country game knows the problem wasn’t one lineman as matter of fact most of the break downs were on the left side of the line..(But we did win the game)

 

Ashland real problem is they are not adjusting for a blitzing defense and every team that has made Ashland look bad has blitz and blitz some more... 5 lineman are not going to stop 7 or 8 guys blitzing, you have to throw just into the secondary and you have to adjust your backs to block.. Instead we are just blaming a line that is doing what they are told.

To say nothing of upsetting the chemistry these five guys have built together all season

We have already beaten this team on the road using the players that have got us to this point

 

If they play the line they used in the JC game, I predict Mason County by 7

 

I hope I wrong

 

Trimmer

I wasn't at the game / games to see the breakdown on Ashland's line that ypu are referring to but I do believe that Coach Hart will have things worked out if he saw a problem. Ashland as well as Mason is extemely well coached.

  • Replies 162
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason Co 21

Ashland 14

Good Post. A question was ask earlier on if this game was to be played Friday or Saturday. I was thinking Friday but which is it?

I'm not sure Rambler which night the game is to be played on... if I see anything for sure I will let you know.

Good Post. A question was ask earlier on if this game was to be played Friday or Saturday. I was thinking Friday but which is it?

 

 

The game is Friday night at 7:30.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

unless, of course, it rains.:D

On a sloppy field, the Tomcats win this one 22-13.

 

On a good field, I'll go with the Royals, 27-26.

 

How's that for straddling the fence?

I like Mason Co. in this one:

 

20

14

 

I was suprised last Saturday how Ashland seemed to play with little emotion. Penalties nearly cost them, big plays saved them.

On a sloppy field, the Tomcats win this one 22-13.

 

On a good field, I'll go with the Royals, 27-26.

 

How's that for straddling the fence?

 

No chance this game is played on a sloppy field.

On a sloppy field, the Tomcats win this one 22-13.

 

On a good field, I'll go with the Royals, 27-26.

 

How's that for straddling the fence?

Be careful this field seems to get a little wet at the most opportune times.:D I'll take Ashland with the home field in a squeaker.
Ashland prediction,

 

It saddens me to write this but from what I’ve been told Ashland will be going to the line that they played against JC, it was a bad move then and its still a bad move, anyone that watched the Boyd Country game knows the problem wasn’t one lineman as matter of fact most of the break downs were on the left side of the line..(But we did win the game)

 

Ashland real problem is they are not adjusting for a blitzing defense and every team that has made Ashland look bad has blitz and blitz some more... 5 lineman are not going to stop 7 or 8 guys blitzing, you have to throw just into the secondary and you have to adjust your backs to block.. Instead we are just blaming a line that is doing what they are told.

To say nothing of upsetting the chemistry these five guys have built together all season

We have already beaten this team on the road using the players that have got us to this point

 

If they play the line they used in the JC game, I predict Mason County by 7

 

I hope I wrong

 

Trimmer

 

Didn't Ashland make a change in their offensive line to start the second half against JC?

 

If that is the case...the line in the second half played much better than in the first half. The QB had a lot more time to get rid of the ball.

 

It makes no difference to me but I would go with the latter.

Hopefully the realization that the season could be over with this weekend will settle in on the Tomcats' minds this week to help them energize their emotions for Fridays' game, and I think it will. With this in mind then I expect the Cats to win another close one ( 3points or less ) against a determined Mason Co. team.

The game is Friday night at 7:30.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:thumb: Thanks.

If the game is played on Friday, I take Mason by 7 points. Ashland is suspect on Friday nights.

 

If the game is played on Saturday, I take Ashland by 7 points. Ashland is undefeated on Saturdays.

Didn't Ashland make a change in their offensive line to start the second half against JC?

 

If that is the case...the line in the second half played much better than in the first half. The QB had a lot more time to get rid of the ball.

 

It makes no difference to me but I would go with the latter.

 

 

Ashland started the JC game with a different line-up

 

they went back to the orginal line in the second half..your making my point

 

Trimmer

Ashland started the JC game with a different line-up

 

they went back to the orginal line in the second half..your making my point

 

Trimmer

Why did they tinker with the line that had been playing so well?

Ashland started the JC game with a different line-up

 

they went back to the orginal line in the second half..your making my point

 

Trimmer

 

 

That was my intention.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.