Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs Mason County

Who Wins? 122 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

HITTING WINS THIS GAME EVERYTIME.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: This is the best statement on this post - EVERY time, people tend to get tired of getting a "slobberknocker" laid on them every play.:D

  • Replies 162
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Ashland wins this one! Although, the Tomcats had better come out ready to play! Mason could snake bit the Tomcats if they aren't ready!

 

Ashland 21

Mason 14

The Tomcats need to come out on the first set of downs and set the tone.If we can get a couple of hard CLEAN hits then Mason may fade quickly.

I agree with 51 that hitting and hitting hard will win football games. Mason is not very big or strong we should be physical with them and show them we came to play in the Tomcat tradition.

The Tomcats need to come out on the first set of downs and set the tone.If we can get a couple of hard CLEAN hits then Mason may fade quickly.

I agree with 51 that hitting and hitting hard will win football games. Mason is not very big or strong we should be physical with them and show them we came to play in the Tomcat tradition.

 

 

Mason is not strong?????? There inside LBer #27 benches 350 and squats 600 pounds. He is 5'5" 185. I saw there QB #10 knockout Greenup county's inside backer #52 on a bootfake. #10 benches 315 and squats around 550. That is there QB. How is that not physically strong???

Mason is not strong?????? There inside LBer #27 benches 350 and squats 600 pounds. He is 5'5" 185. I saw there QB #10 knockout Greenup county's inside backer #52 on a bootfake. #10 benches 315 and squats around 550. That is there QB. How is that not physically strong???

 

 

Am I reading this wrong, or is Mason Co.'s linebacker really only 5ft 5?

Frances and Old Rambler love your posts. Seem to be fair and about the kids.

Trimmer 308 maybe you need to get a coaching job? :banana:

Am I reading this wrong, or is Mason Co.'s linebacker really only 5ft 5?

 

Chris Marshall #27 is about 5'5" or 5'6" but a pitbull!!!!!:ylsuper:

^ Fields Davis only about 5'6'' and Cordle about 5'8'' there not the tallest linebackers in the state either.

Frances and Old Rambler love your posts. Seem to be fair and about the kids.

Trimmer 308 maybe you need to get a coaching job? :banana:

 

Thanks, Stinger.

 

I have to say that, without a doubt, every coaching staff makes decisions on who will start (and get the majority of playing time) based on a lot of factors (that I listed above).

 

When it comes to starting, and playing time, one thing is certain - coaching staffs (from every school) watch more game film on a weekend than the people in the stands have watched in their lifetime. Coaches don't simply watch a play and then move on to the next one. They usually watch a given play at least 9 or 10 times, and often, much more than that. They "break down" the film to enable themselves to grade every kid, on every play. If a coach benches a player after the season has begun, it is because that player isn't getting the job done. There is one immutable truth, that many parents simply don't want to hear - FILM DOESN'T LIE.

 

Good coaching staffs show the film to the kids, to allow them to see what they really are (or are not) doing. For some kids, the first film they see is in High School, and for others, it may be as early as youth football. When a kid sees himself on film, it usually changes their self image, by showing them the reality of their efforts.

 

As parents, we all want our kids to start and play as much as possible. That's human nature. How we handle expressing our disappointment when that doesn't happen reveals much about us.

 

 

Frances

Could not have said it better myself. Very good Frances.

Frances and Old Rambler love your posts. Seem to be fair and about the kids.

Trimmer 308 maybe you need to get a coaching job? :banana:

Thank you Stinger, As for the kids the one thing that I try and do is to be fair to them no matter what team they are playing for. After all, they are what the game is all about. As for the coaching, having had h.s. coaches on the varsity level in my family in the past and having coached several years in youth sports and helped some on the Jr. High level I have a good idea of what all goes into it. My comments in an earlier post about the coaches seeing these kids everyday in practice to me is the biggest thing that most do not understand. I can assure you that no coach wants to go out and lose a ball game and they are doing everything in their power and knowledge of their kids on the team to win.

Thanks, Stinger.

 

I have to say that, without a doubt, every coaching staff makes decisions on who will start (and get the majority of playing time) based on a lot of factors (that I listed above).

 

 

 

As parents, we all want our kids to start and play as much as possible. That's human nature. How we handle expressing our disappointment when that doesn't happen reveals much about us.

 

 

Frances

:thumb: :thumb: Another excellent post by Aunt Bea from the wonderful town of Mayberry. And to think, Opie didn't think you knew anything about playing ball.:lol:

What are the field conditions going to be like for this game? Will Ashland possibly move the game back to Saturday? I for one hope they do.

What are the field conditions going to be like for this game? Will Ashland possibly move the game back to Saturday? I for one hope they do.

 

 

No rain today or tomorrow, no postponement tomorrow. :D

Maybe I already have one:D

and for the record I don't have a kid on this team.. I made a prediction thats all.. friday just around the corner

and your right film doesn't lie..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.