Most Overrated Restaurants

Collar7

Most of the chains. I have many friends who are head over heels for Red Lobster, for example; but when you're pretty much raised on seafood, they get a solid "meh" from me. Same for Olive Garden. Chipotles. CFA.

And at the risk of alienating my NKY friends once again, "Cincinnati chili" is glorified hot-dog sauce.

And it's only average at best as a hot dog sauce.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipotle........at least when they're open and not shut down by a problem food incident. :D

Oh, and by the way, McD's new hyped "fresh beef" hamburgers, absolutely have NO taste to it. They've ruined my Big Mac.

El Rio Grande restaurants. Years ago the one in Newport was pretty darn good. However it has gone downhill in my opinion as have all the other locations at which I have eaten.

Knotty Pine on the Bayou. Don't get it, never will.

Bob Evans. Like a lot of restaurants, not near as good as it once was.

Edited by OlDog75

I’ll also throw this out there. Montgomery Inn is not that good. The ribs are not always tender. It’s very expensive And the menu was not very creative.The sports memorabilia is kind of neat though.

I’ll also throw this out there. Montgomery Inn is not that good. The ribs are not always tender. It’s very expensive And the menu was not very creative.The sports memorabilia is kind of neat though.

Another good example. When I first moved here, Montgomery Inn was a place that everyone told me I had to go. I've been 3 times, and left each time unimpressed. It's just another rib joint thats dressed up, claims to be high end, and then overcharges, and underdelivers.

Hater of all restaurants. Lol

Actually, there are only a handful of restaurants I hate. Serving Cincinnati Chili automatically gets you a spot on that list. Calling a restaurant overrated doesn’t mean I hate it, or won’t eat there. Of the restaurants mentioned n this thread, the ones I won’t eat at are Dick’s (lousy all around),Montgomery Inn (an overpriced BBQ joint with average food), and Skyline (and other Cincy chili places). I’ll eat at Goldstar because I do like their double deckers and fries.

Help me understand this one. I have only had great experiences there. It is a little pricey but I will pay that for fresh seafood.

Well, last time I was there the wait was atrocious and we supposedly had reservations. My food was not good at all. Could have been a couple of off nights, but if I have to wait as long as I did a few times and the food was really not that great, I'm usually not going back.

I will say this, place was busy so I may be an exception. All I can tell you about is our experience.

It has been a while since I ate at Gold Star so I may have to stop there again and see what the difference is. My recollection is it was pretty much the same as Skyline. Dixie Chili I can definitely taste a difference in their sauce, but Skyline and Gold Star are pretty much the same from what I remember.