BluegrassPreps Class 1A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Just watched Holy Cross interview from Courier-Journal. Coach Bronger said they have 30 kids and first time that he feels has an actual varsity team since were young past couple of years. They went 6-6 last year so looking to improve on that. They play a very tough schedule by single A standards. Said they only have couple kids that have to go both ways. I think they can be a top 15 team. I look forward to seeing how they do this year.

I love pre-season hype but that is all it is. Until the playoffs begin, these predictions mean very little. I am really interested in how the new seeding system for the State semis affects regular season play. Will teams run scores up trying to impress the powers that be or will the way a team is playing in the playoffs matter more? It's going to be interesting.

Can you refresh us on how the semi-finals will be seeded?

It was reported earlier this year (I'm thinking February or March) that the plan for seeding the semi-finals had been scrapped. They may still do it at some point in the future, but it's off the table for 2018.

Just watched Holy Cross interview from Courier-Journal. Coach Bronger said they have 30 kids and first time that he feels has an actual varsity team since were young past couple of years. They went 6-6 last year so looking to improve on that. They play a very tough schedule by single A standards. Said they only have couple kids that have to go both ways. I think they can be a top 15 team. I look forward to seeing how they do this year.

They also have the STUD!!!! How big his impact will be could help boost Holy Cross.

However, I think that whoever that multiple coin is, wins this year.

Very interesting statement. Do you think the hype goes to Beechie's head this year? Are they caught looking ahead to 2A? Or, are you simply playing the odds that a three-pete is extremely rare? Or, perhaps they are just O-VER-RAT-ED??

Beechwood is not over rated by any means. Just think the coin wins in 2018.

It was reported earlier this year (I'm thinking February or March) that the plan for seeding the semi-finals had been scrapped. They may still do it at some point in the future, but it's off the table for 2018.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the scrapping of the seeding idea. I'm glad it was scrapped.

They also have the STUD!!!! How big his impact will be could help boost Holy Cross.

First off he's a freshman and doubt has the stamina to play both ways effectively. If he's playing offensive line primarily, how big of an impact can he really have as I doubt the rest of their line is above average? The last part of that question was an assumption as I don't know much about the rest of their team. I believe if he is as good as advertised, he would have a more direct impact on the game defensively.