World Cup 2018

Have to admit if it wasnt for BGP, I wouldnt know 2 nickles of whats going on with World Cup. Havent heard a peep about it from any other media sources in weeks.

There have been some great memes and even training videos out there that have made me smile.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England's creativity throughout the entire World Cup has been lacking. If it were not for set pieces, they basically cannot score, kind of remind me of the USNT in that regard. They appear to need a midfielder with the ability to create opportunities for the forwards and to link the back line with the attack.

And so ends the greatest sporting event in the world...

Congratulations to France on their second World Cup title. The scariest part of that sentence? Their core talent will be back in 2022. Oh, and Mbappe is 19.

I suppose if I knew more about the game and it’s rules I would enjoy soccer but I can’t seem to get the hang of it. Our high school doesn’t have it as a sport and I ‘m sure that has helped other older generation types like me learn the game. I watched some of today’s championship game and I realize it’s by far the world’s most popular sport, but it’s about as boring to me as watching grass grow.

I got a chuckle out of some comments I read today on one site I was on. Someone from England was calling American football a sissy sport because they wore a helmet and pads, that soccer and rugby were sports for real men. That got a reply from an American who commented that fellow didn’t realize that after an American football game the players felt like they had been in 32 car wrecks, something soccer players didn’t experience at the same level of bruises. And he added that one NFL lineman could bench press the entire Manchester team, lol.

Croatia outplayed France two-thirds of the match. The French were opportunistic and the early handball was killer for Croatia.

I don't know if they outplayed them as much as they controlled possession in the midfield, something France seemed content to allow. Croatia didn't have the top-tier scoring talent that France has. It seemed like with Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, etc. they were always a goal on the horizon for France. It also seemed like Croatia's legs left them in the second half, reasonable since they'd had so many extra time games of late. However, I was very glad to see Luka Modric get the Golden Ball because he's a terrific player and every part of Croatia's chance to even be in the game rested on his feet.

Croatia outplayed France two-thirds of the match. The French were opportunistic and the early handball was killer for Croatia.

Not to mention the penalty that set up the opening goal might have been drawn on a bit of a flop.

Not to mention the penalty that set up the opening goal might have been drawn on a bit of a flop.

I'm not sure it was a flop but it certainly wasn't a foul. He lost his footing and went down is how it appeared to me.