Monster Energy NASCAR Playoff Standings through 6 Races

theguru

Bristol weekend, always tell my non racing friends if you watch one race a year, watch the short track madness at Bristol. Hard to pick a winner in this one.

Not what it used to be and you can see that on the track and even more in stands. My last year there was probably 2009. It was packed. I still can’t believe it when I see the stands for the spring race.

I watched a bit today and saw Harvick interview during rain delay. When they asked him if track was getting back to what it was when he coming into NASCAR, he smirked and said “not the track of my early era”. In other words, it stinks compared to then.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 42 and won the title in 2016. Is there a history of drivers performing well into their 40s?

Generally most do well in late 20’s and throughout their 30’s. Like almost all sports todays drivers are in better shape and more physically fit than drivers from previous eras. With money in sport being what it is today, I don’t see anyone winning 7 championships ever again- Jimmie might win another- because these guys are set financially so early.

I will say that I have no doubt that Dale Sr would have won championship the year he passed. He finished 2nd year before well into his 40’s and Harvick finished the year 7th without Daytona points and with a car set up for Dale. Even won race or two.