9th Region Tournament Field

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that’s completely fine. I’ve not seen CovCath but assume they’re as good as people say. I’ve seen Cooper twice and they’re outstanding as well but they’re also beatable. I don’t think the gap is nearly as big as Northern KY thinks. But that’s just me. Depth is Newport’s only knock. But I do believe they have a very legitimate shot at winning the 9th.

I’m a Cooper fan and if CCH happens to beat Cooper and indeed it’s a Newport CCH finals I’m in your corner. Go gettem!!!

It's the tournament folks. CCH is the prohibitive favorite but ANYTHING can happen. The team that takes someone lightly or looks past someone is the one that gets beat. Cooper has the toughest match up in the first round in my opinion and I can assure you Coach Sullivan has the Jags locked in on NCC and nobody else. Newport is a wildcard because with they play as a team on are on their game they can beat any of the teams and yes I said any of the teams. Not will but certainly are capable.

Holy Cross beats Newport in the first round. Would not shock me if Ryle beats Dixie. How about a Holy Cross/Ryle regional semifinal? I do think Holy Cross will knock off Newport, the Wildcats are too up and down in big games. They dominate NewCath for 3 quarters last night and fall part in the 4th. Holy Cross 53, Newport 49.

While you're probably correct, if you consider CovCath/Cooper the real deal championship game then if they meet in the Semi's attend that game and consider that to be the championship game....Problem solved...

....sorta... unless the real championship game turns into a surprise, and then you'll kick yourself for not attending.

Nothing is for certain... See 2010 championship game for a bit of perspective.

That's why they play the game.

So many were certain in 2016 that the 9th belonged to CovCath, and then NewCath won.

So many were certain the in 2017 that the 9th belonged to CovCath, and then Cooper won.

You really just never know...

I don't know anyone that thought the 9th belonged to CCH in 2017. These two teams went into that regional final as equal opponents.

Holy Cross beats Newport in the first round. Would not shock me if Ryle beats Dixie. How about a Holy Cross/Ryle regional semifinal? I do think Holy Cross will knock off Newport, the Wildcats are too up and down in big games. They dominate NewCath for 3 quarters last night and fall part in the 4th. Holy Cross 53, Newport 49.

You just refuse to pick Newport, huh? Your last few predictions haven’t been so hot when they’re involved.

I don't know anyone that thought the 9th belonged to CCH in 2017. These two teams went into that regional final as equal opponents.

Totally agree. CCH squeaked out a one point game in the regular season with each team missing a key player. That WAS NOT a upset.

Totally agree. CCH squeaked out a one point game in the regular season with each team missing a key player. That WAS NOT a upset.

I'll give you this one as it was indeed viewed pretty evenly matched by most, but no way does it devalue the significance of my overall message delivered in the post.

An awful lot of people counting out Holy Cross and NewCath it seems. You play the games for a reason.

I believe any of these teams could win a first round matchup. They all have a talented player or two that could have a great night and carry a team.

St. Henry is about the only team I see that is going to really struggle with CCH. But, even they get a chance to play the game.

@MidwestUnited you’re the biggest Newport hater ever!! You haven’t given them any credit once all year you picked Bellevue to beat them. I really like to wonder who your favorite team is in the 9th? And why you have so much animosity towards newport

Just follow his posts and you’ll see who his favorite team is. It is what it is. We embrace the hate at Newport. It’s been that way for years and won’t be changing anytime soon. Game on come Wednesday and that’s all that matters to this point.