Florida 66 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

Do you take a team full of 2 and 3-year players at Kentucky or talented freshmen at Duke?

Normally I’d say the talented group of 2-3 year guys. But with that class at Duke it’s probably a different answer. That is unparalleled.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched a lot of this one and can not possibly understand how this one was the refs fault again.

Kentucky gets beat at home by a team that shoots a miserable 33.3% from the field,20% from 3 point land and made just 64% of its free throws.

The Cats seem to have nothing going on but a bunch of kids that run fast and jump high, that allow them to throw down some nasty looking dunks. Shooting 40% from the field, along with 23.5% from the three point line, won't win you many games.

Add to the fact they, the Cats had 16 turnover to only 7 for the road team and that is the reasons they were beat.

They did not get beat because of the stripes.

Edited by bugatti

I watched a lot of this one and can not possibly understand how this one was the refs fault again.

Kentucky gets beat at home by a team that shoots a miserable 33.3% from the field,20% from 3 point land and made just 64% of its free throws.

The Cats seem to have nothing going on but a bunch of kids that run fast and jump high, that allow them to throw down some nasty looking dunks. Shooting 40% from the field, along with 23.5% from the three point line, won't win you many games.

Add to the fact they, the Cats had 16 turnover to only 7 for the road team and that is the reasons they were beat.

One can create whatever reality meets their agenda. There is a difference in saying a ref missed a call and saying the refs are the reason UK lost a game. Like last game, people have called out the former, you choose to see the latter as a self fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by bugatti

Quade Green is not good! It is amazing what a good point guard can do for a team. Put Fox on this team and they are a totally different animal. Kentucky swung and missed with Green.

Dude has been out for several weeks. He has been a huge reason the Cats have won several games this season. Takes a little time to get back to where you were.

Of course he is no Fox. Not many are.

While trying to be optimistic in my post above, truth is, that was a bad loss. South Carolina was bad, but that was at least on the road in a short-handed, weird foul situation type game. Last night UK had an opportunity to right the ship against a solid opponent off their game, at home, and they squandered it.

Ryan Harrow.

I will give you one thing, they both are/were horrible. My point was, Kentucky swung and missed with both these guys, it happens, but there were better options out there that this team sorely misses. Cal needs a top flight point guard and neither one of these are it. You can see this by how much their teams are struggling. In my opinion, Kentucky will not win anything with this guy as their point guard:

Green

SEASON MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

2017-18 24.3 3.8-8.3 .462 1.1-3.1 .367 1.4-1.8 .793 1.9 3.3 0.0 0.3 1.4 1.9 10.2

Harrow

2012-13 27.1 3.8-9.2 .414 0.7-2.4 .296 1.6-2.2 .708 2.8 2.8 0.1 0.7 2.4 1.7 9.9

This.

The problem really is the turnovers. The last few weeks they have not valued the ball like they should. Every team is going to turn it over some against a good defense but so many of their turnovers are from lazy passes or stupid moves/passes. Fix that and even with the offensive woes this team can win ugly games.

UK lost. They weren't robbed by the refs. The only gripe I have is that in Columbia the refs whistled everything under the sun and last night they let them play more. Give me that over a foul fest any day.

So what wouldn’t you go that far with? He is by far the worst PG Cal has had in his tenure at Kentucky. I know he didn’t start tonight, but he was in during crunch time, even after his dismal game. As much publicity as was given to him, I don’t see it. To me, he is slow and struggles to create his shot. Not good for your pont guard. Give me Duval or the little guy for LSU, both play makers, which is what this team so badly needs!

Nah, Ryan Harrow was much worse then Greene. Greene tried way to hard to be a scorer after being out a few games instead of letting the Offense come to him.