Florida 66 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

Not used to seeing Kentucky get hosed in their own gym.

[ATTACH]65284[/ATTACH]

I thought there might have been a foul on the previous drive a few seconds earlier, too. Cal looked angry right after the game. This team needs some togetherness and heart.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn’t go that far, but that 3 late in the game that he threw off the side of the backboard was atrocious.

So what wouldn’t you go that far with? He is by far the worst PG Cal has had in his tenure at Kentucky. I know he didn’t start tonight, but he was in during crunch time, even after his dismal game. As much publicity as was given to him, I don’t see it. To me, he is slow and struggles to create his shot. Not good for your pont guard. Give me Duval or the little guy for LSU, both play makers, which is what this team so badly needs!

Defense appeared a little better, in part because Florida missed a about 25 3's.

Most of those threes were contested. UK length is hard for teams to shoot over. Which is why UK is top 5 in the nation in three point defense. So it's not like this was an outlier. I was very happy with their rotations and help defense when Florida drove. Much better tonight than any other game this year. However offense still has to many long scoring droughts.

UK just does not have a guy who can take over a game. They have good players for freshmen, but not near the ability of their better teams over the CAL era. Yes, they could come on and make some kind of run, but it would certainly mean catching lightning in a bottle for a 2nd time. I just dont see it.

So what wouldn’t you go that far with? He is by far the worst PG Cal has had in his tenure at Kentucky. I know he didn’t start tonight, but he was in during crunch time, even after his dismal game. As much publicity as was given to him, I don’t see it. To me, he is slow and struggles to create his shot. Not good for your pont guard. Give me Duval or the little guy for LSU, both play makers, which is what this team so badly needs!

Well you should get used to him because he’s going to be here another year maybe 2.

UK just does not have a guy who can take over a game. They have good players for freshmen, but not near the ability of their better teams over the CAL era. Yes, they could come on and make some kind of run, but it would certainly mean catching lightning in a bottle for a 2nd time. I just dont see it.

This team has 1 player who is capable, Kevin Knox. He just doesn’t have that killer instinct.

This team has 1 player who is capable, Kevin Knox. He just doesn’t have that killer instinct.

Im not sure he is physically strong enough at this point in his development. People are going to point to the season when UK had that crazy out of the blue run. Young and Randle would look like world beaters on this team. Much more of a pro crew that year than this time around.

They played harder tonight. They just aren't a very good team. A lot of talented players that just don't compliment each other. At this point this team is as likely to miss the tourney as they are to make a deep run. They could still get it together and make a run but with the mentality of this team they could just as easily self destruct.

It was a really poor call at the end.

You make it seem as if Quade Green was a consensus lottery pick entering the season. Nowhere near that and he is performing at about the level one would expect he would have.

Something seems to have clicked with Richards the past couple of games. Knox came out ready to play, then he did his all too normal disappearing act... this one for about 35 minutes.

Trying to be glass half full - that was UK’s best work on the defensive end of the season. Switching and communication was much better. Still lapses, but headway was made given how low the bar was.

Yes, it was a missed foul call, but I have zero confidence PJ would have made the FTs. How UK seems to never get a fluid inbounds play baffles me. It’s a UK thing. Been happening since Tubby Smith.

Well you should get used to him because he’s going to be here another year maybe 2.

I forgot the kids name right now but he has a couple of very good guards coming in next season. The one that I am speaking of is a PG that is highly rated and plays for the Oak Hill Academy in VA., was on t.v. on the MLK holiday tourney last Monday.

Of course, he will be another Fr. w / no experience ... like we have now so who knows ?

There were 2 "no calls" at the last 2 possessions that if the fouls were called would've given a chance at a tie. Those hurt but the game should had never came down to those being so costly. IMO there was too much selfishness out there in this one, that or unable to see / know where to go with the ball. These guys just continued to throw up outside shots instead of getting the ball inside where there was an advantage.

Defense was better, imo they did a good job of getting out on the Gators 3 pt shooters. that imo was the reason for a lot of the Fla. shooting problems.

I forgot the kids name right now but he has a couple of very good guards coming in next season. The one that I am speaking of is a PG that is highly rated and plays for the Oak Hill Academy in VA., was on t.v. on the MLK holiday tourney last Monday.

Of course, he will be another Fr. w / no experience ... like we have now so who knows ?

Immanuel Quickley is who you’re thinking of. But the way this team is playing right now I think only 1-2 guys are going to leave. Next season will for sure be a rare season where UK returns a lot of experience.