Lafayette 74 Lexington Catholic 58

Lafayette's largest lead was 21. 46 fouls called in the game and 55 combined free throws. Lafayette's press break was phenomenal. They shot 60% in the second half because of easy layups.

This amount of free throws gives pause to the actual margin of victory. Very hard to get a rhythm with all these free throws.

If they were fouls, call them. If you don't want to be called for fouls, don't commit them. Good for the refs if they were legit calls.

I'm not questioning the refs...I said that it would be hard to get into a rhythm with all these fouls called.

I'm not questioning the refs...I said that it would be hard to get into a rhythm with all these fouls called.

I understand. That's why I said "stop fouling".

Lex Cath has FOR YEARS employed the Rick Pitino, "we're going to foul 40 times a half knowing that only 10-15 will get called" strategy. Refs so often convince themselves that in games like that, they can't call all of the fouls. But the fact is, once they start calling them, the game opens up because the team that is employing that strategy can't foul their entire team out.

That's why I always laugh at people who care about how many fouls have been called on each team.

I understand. That's why I said "stop fouling".

Lex Cath has FOR YEARS employed the Rick Pitino, "we're going to foul 40 times a half knowing that only 10-15 will get called" strategy. Refs so often convince themselves that in games like that, they can't call all of the fouls. But the fact is, once they start calling them, the game opens up because the team that is employing that strategy can't foul their entire team out.

That's why I always laugh at people who care about how many fouls have been called on each team.

Agree, I've seen it too. And a lot of teams employ that tactic.

Agree, I've seen it too. And a lot of teams employ that tactic.

No doubt. And it's not a dumb strategy. I would never do it because I just hate that style of play. It works quite often. And for deep and athletic teams it's a risk worth taking if you have bodies to bring in off of the bench. Haworth at Hopkinsville has done it for years.