2017-18 NKY Regional Basketball Contest Results Week 1

As always, the results won't be final for 24 hours. All contestants should use that time to check their score for errors. After that time period has passed, the contest is final and the winner should use the link below to claim the prize of choice. If you think your score is incorrect, please send me a PM and I will look into your claim.

We had a good turnout in the opening week of the season-long NKY contest - 36 entries. Of those 36, we had 4 perfect scores of 18. Three of those had NewCath as the tiebreaker, who scored 73 points in a thriller over DeSales. But our contest winner chose Simon Kenton as the tiebreaker, who scored 75.

Congratulations to grizzled contest veteran NEERFAN on the Week 1 victory!

@NEERFAN

Click below to claim your prize:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/new-member...ed-299747.html

Here are the results of the five Week 1 games. For those of you (and there aren't many - I see a lot of familiar usernames) who are new to an mcpapa-run contest, I always list the games in order of "points scored by the winning team".

Bracken County 96 Williamstown 70

Simon Kenton 75 Mason County 72

Newport Central Catholic 73 DeSales 72

Boone County 67 Highlands 50

St. Patrick 51 Villa Madonna 48

For those of you who are entering an mcpapa-run contest for the first time, I will on rare occasion poke a bit of harmless fun at a contestant or two. If you score a zero, prepare to hear about it. If you're Randy Parker, you stink. That sort of thing. That being said, here are the scores of our Week 1 entries:

NEERFAN 18 (TB Simon Kenton, 75)

hoops_fan 18 (TB NCC, 73)

All State Baseball 18 (TB NCC, 73)

gold sunrise 18 (TB NCC, 73)

mcpapa 17

The Professor 16

pikevillecat 16

Can'tcoach 15 - a surprisingly good result right out of the gate

silo11 15

afi100guy 15

TAC 15

Mike Baxter 15

Randy Parker 15 - the least pleasing of the 15's. You stink.

LCDAWGS19 14 - you stink much less than Parker

Tones 14

dmh115 14

Runcible Owl 14

Jack of all Trades 13

16thBBall Fan 13

kinglouie 13

HSBBallfan24 13

se7ens 12

raiderbird 12

MNCM 11 - been years since he's won a contest to hear him tell it

kygirl 11

polarbear98 11

dd734 11

maysvilleky 10

camelman 10

statman 10

SnottieDrippen 9

sealedpower 8

DukeDog 7

Brcatz 6

sumoroyal 6

AirYardGo 2

Again - please check your score and send me a PM if I made a mistake. I'm getting up there in years and my slide rule is getting worn out.

And make sure to enter the contest every week. Prizes are given to each weekly winner, and there's a real nice prize for the member who accumulates the most points over the course of the season!