David Cassidy Has Died

hoops5

Wow I hate hearing this...that's too young. The first album in my personal record collection at the age of 8 was The Partridge Family's Greatest Hit in 1972 that I got for Christmas, which I still have.

Sure I liked the Beatles, and the Monkees etc, but they were the true first favorite band of mine that was "My Favorite Band" that came out right at the right age for me to call them my own. Always thought that David Cassidy was so cool, and no doubt one of my first idols that made me want to be a rock n' roll star.

Every Friday night was The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family on TV, and I wouldn't miss these shows for anything. Mom would always give me enough money to run to the corner store for a bag of chips, a candy bar, and a Coke to snack on while watching, and she always requested that I pick her up a 3 Musketeers as well.

These great memories are also bittersweet to reflect on when realizing that we're all getting older, and that time waits for no one.

R.I.P. David, and thanks for all the cool childhood memories.

Wow I hate hearing this...that's too young. The first album in my personal record collection at the age of 8 was The Partridge Family's Greatest Hit in 1972 that I got for Christmas, which I still have.

Sure I liked the Beatles, and the Monkees etc, but they were the true first favorite band of mine that was "My Favorite Band" that came out right at the right age for me to call them my own. Always thought that David Cassidy was so cool, and no doubt one of my first idols that made me want to be a rock n' roll star.

Every Friday night was The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family on TV, and I wouldn't miss these shows for anything. Mom would always give me enough money to run to the corner store for a bag of chips, a candy bar, and a Coke to snack on while watching, and she always requested that I pick her up a 3 Musketeers as well.

These great memories are also bittersweet to reflect on when realizing that we're all getting older, and that time waits for no one.

R.I.P. David, and thanks for all the cool childhood memories.

Great post! Love the memory you shared about your Friday night ritual. David Cassidy was my #2 crush back in the day, after Donny Osmond. Loved the Partridge Family dynamics with Shirley Jones.

RIP David Cassidy.