Ellen DeGeneres tweet - Sexist or Not?

CincySportsFan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there only a stink about this because Ellen is gay?

FWIW, high school, college and other acquaintances have shown that they post wildly in appropriate things on social media regarding one another. Apparently there is an alternate universe where people aren’t terrified of their bosses seeing them being degenerates. That’s where a solid 20% of my Facebook friends live. Anyway, Could we guess that perhaps that’s the nature of their friendship?

That doesn’t mean put your face in there and motorboat.

You mean, She's not "Asking" for it?

I agreagree with you BTW.

As in my first post I'll reiterate that I'm not passing moral judgement regarding Katy's outfit but...

While determining the suggestiveness of clothing can be subjective considering the era of history we're talking about, as well as the geographical location, and with that, attraction to women's breast in and of itself might also be subjective considering that it's commonplace in more native cultures for women to be topless in public, while in modern cultures it is not while there's also a societal understanding that the sight of them can be sexually stimulating.

Perhaps they are to all cultures, yet native cultures might have become desensitized as a result of the commonplace of nudity, while modern cultures still set the standard reaction to be that of "Wowzers" and equate them to being potentially sexually stimulating.

When it's a common understanding within our culture that those who are attracted to women also often are attracted to their naked breast and can become aroused accordingly, they I'd say that a woman who is well aware of the reaction that she could get by exposing herself, or wearing revealing garments, and especially fashioned to scream sexy, then I say that without doubt along with wanting to feel attractive, drawing attention to one's self is one of the primary goals, and while that should give no one the green light to overstep their boundaries and grab them without approval, who are we kidding when we try to suggest that the wearer of such garments aren't to some degree "asking" for it.

I wholeheartedly understand the plight of women who for far too long have had trouble with pushy men who overstep their boundaries while claiming that the woman was asking for it when that is generally just nonsense because they couldn't control themselves, yet bottom line...if a woman is dressed in an obvious sexy come hither fashion with her boobs all hanging out, and while even still it's no one's right to touch, it's most certainly a load of crap to act all surprised when someone does.

To be fair, she does look to be quite enthralled with Ms. Perry in that photo. None of us know what she is actually thinking.

I’m sure it was meant to be funny as they appear to be laughing and having a good time. But I also do think it is a double standard. The fact that Ellen is gay also puts a twist on the situation. Much like most of the crap that we see in the media, this was a simple pic made in fun but some clown tried to make a big deal out of it. Now go eat some sugar pops or make another claim about an 89 year old former president in a wheel chair groping you!

As I said, context is important. Ellen and Katy Perry are very good friends (I'm ashamed that I actually know this). If it were some random fan taking a picture with her and making the comment, yeah it's sexist. It's one of her close friends. I joke around with my good friends in a much different way than I would people I hardly know. It's all much ado about nothing.

Because every gay person lusts over every good looking person of the same sex, right? :rolleyes:

In his world, of course they do.

I wish I had Katy Perry and Im not gay.

You all just try to make it bad on me and make me look the part.