Ryle 56 Simon Kenton 38

I would point out that Simon Kenton, like Ryle, is a well coached team. Jeff and his staff have done a really nice job building a solid program. It's fun to compete vs SK. Best wishes to them in the playoffs.

They are. No disrespect in our celebration at all. Hope they do well in their side of the bracket in the playoffs. Good luck SK.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would point out that Simon Kenton, like Ryle, is a well coached team. Jeff and his staff have done a really nice job building a solid program. It's fun to compete vs SK. Best wishes to them in the playoffs.

Good luck to all the NKY teams in the playoffs. We should pull together for everybody.

So true, but Ryle has more play makers on the team and spreading the ball around makes the team that much better.

Confused about "more playmakers". There was one playmaker on display for Ryle on Friday and that was Chisholm. In fact when Ryle lost their other back early, it may have actually hurt SK. Simple reason, they began to feed Chisolm and that was all they needed to do. As awesome as he is, SK's D has been their achilles heel the last two years. Jefferson Co. schools play a higher level of D and Ryle will need multiple playmakers complimenting Chisolm to go deep in playoffs.

I agree on all fronts in regards to needing the other playmakers. Ryle did do that on Friday vs SK. Don't get me wrong, Chiz went off. But they did pass when needed. They just didn't need to, too often. There was a long TD pass, and some timely Late downs passes. The Playoff teams are definitely a tough road, but I do expect Chiz and the playmakers to perform. Cov Cath was the only team to limit Chiz this season. But keep in mind that was the 1st game of the season. Our line did struggle that game because it was the 1st game and they lost their D1 Left tackle on the 2nd offensive play of the game due to a shoulder injury. Lost their starting TE as well, so back ups didn't have much time to get Game ready against a very very solid Cov Cath D.