KHSAA investigating Bowling Green

All Tell

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.

There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.

Funny how “they” said the exact same thing about Harmon not leaving!

Hopkinsville had their football runner up end in asterisk in the 90's I believe.

Correct. Cov Cath beat Hopkinsville in 1997 for the AAA championship. Hoptown had to vacate after their runner up win after it was found that their star RB Artose Pinner was too old to be playing on the team. I can't recall whether or not there was a falsified birth certificate, or if he was just played while ineligible.

Pinner went in to play at UK, as well as in the NFL for the Lions, Vikings and Falcons.

I did hear soemthing about that. I wish instead of a team vacating the title or trophy it was given to a team who didn’t cheat to get there instead of being left blank.

The problem with that is who do you give it to? The team they beat in the semifinals? What if who they beat in the quarterfinals was better than the semi finalists?

Please correct my memory, but when Mike Mitchell was ruled ineligible, didn't Highlands keep their state title? If memory serves me right, they had to forfeit the rest of the season, but they did not have to vacate the title.

I don't think he played in the state game is why they kept the title. Of course, after Highlands won the lawsuit, all the wins were restored so there were no forfeits.