Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA investigating Bowling Green

Featured Replies

Those grapes are so schriveled up and sour the raisin factory rejected them...

 

You had to know what she was going to do.

 

The grapes of wrath are always sour.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

 

I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.

And I’m just like the NCAA, the KHSAA doesn’t have subpoena power?

There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

 

I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.

 

Funny how “they” said the exact same thing about Harmon not leaving!

Has a state champion ever had to vacate a title? I know runner up teams have had to vacate before, just can't remember a champion.

If they strip the title, they should let the other schools field alumni teams and play until there's a champion. :lol2:

Has a state champion ever had to vacate a title? I know runner up teams have had to vacate before, just can't remember a champion.

When has this happened? And why

When has this happened? And why

 

Hopkinsville had their football runner up end in asterisk in the 90’s I believe.

Maybe I’m wrong, But I thought Fairview had to vacate their runner up in football from 2012 @brooksville

 

When has this happened? And why
Maybe I’m wrong, But I thought Fairview had to vacate their runner up in football from 2012 @brooksville

I did hear soemthing about that. I wish instead of a team vacating the title or trophy it was given to a team who didn’t cheat to get there instead of being left blank.

Hopkinsville had their football runner up end in asterisk in the 90's I believe.

 

Correct. Cov Cath beat Hopkinsville in 1997 for the AAA championship. Hoptown had to vacate after their runner up win after it was found that their star RB Artose Pinner was too old to be playing on the team. I can't recall whether or not there was a falsified birth certificate, or if he was just played while ineligible.

 

Pinner went in to play at UK, as well as in the NFL for the Lions, Vikings and Falcons.

I did hear soemthing about that. I wish instead of a team vacating the title or trophy it was given to a team who didn’t cheat to get there instead of being left blank.

 

The problem with that is who do you give it to? The team they beat in the semifinals? What if who they beat in the quarterfinals was better than the semi finalists?

Please correct my memory, but when Mike Mitchell was ruled ineligible, didn't Highlands keep their state title? If memory serves me right, they had to forfeit the rest of the season, but they did not have to vacate the title.

Please correct my memory, but when Mike Mitchell was ruled ineligible, didn't Highlands keep their state title? If memory serves me right, they had to forfeit the rest of the season, but they did not have to vacate the title.

 

I don't think he played in the state game is why they kept the title. Of course, after Highlands won the lawsuit, all the wins were restored so there were no forfeits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.