Florida 28 Kentucky 27

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought commentators said last night they practice snapping out of shot gun 100 times a day after practice. Something needs changed philosophically. Little things addd up to big things. The holding call was so obvious it was probably the easiest call that official ever had in that situation. Stephen Johnson may not be flashy but he's a winner and a leader. Missed opportunities but more importantly two huge blunders by the coaching staff.

I thought commentators said last night they practice snapping out of shot gun 100 times a day after practice. Something needs changed philosophically. Little things addd up to big things. The holding call was so obvious it was probably the easiest call that official ever had in that situation. Stephen Johnson may not be flashy but he's a winner and a leader. Missed opportunities but more importantly two huge blunders by the coaching staff.

THIS!! Have been at least 2-3 bad snaps every game, wildcat scares me to death, high snap about every other time, this should've been fixed by now!!

After Florida had that big play with around 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter that led to them cutting it the score to 27-21 I looked at my friends and said we’re going to lose by 1. Ky then went 3 and out with some questionable play calling, and the rest is history.

I feel like when the went up 27-14 that they started to play not to lose instead of playing to win, yes the run game would work and times but Florida couldn’t stop Johnson when he was throwing the ball but they continued to try to run Snell up the middle which really didn’t have much success all night. I though King was the better RB last night just because he had more speed than Snell.

This loss hurts, and it’s going to continue to hurt for a while. Having it in your hands and then just ripped away was awful, I would’ve rather been blown out than for the ending to be like that. I hope BBN won’t give up on this team because the talent and coaching is there, just didn’t make the plays needed to finish it off.

This loss is huge. Kentucky had an opportunity to be the talk of the sports world today with a win that would have snapped 30 years of frustration. But instead of getting positive discussion today they turned it into negative dialogue with a bunch of bone headed plays. They had it in their hands and blew it. One of the biggest losses ever for UK football. A win last night and they go to 4-0 and a lot of positive buzz from the sports world. Recruiting and image would have been enhanced. Instead of the good vibes they would have earned the end result turned them into the joke of the college football world today. The ol', "Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory" type of headlines.

Sorry for my alcohol induced rant.

I'm not at all happy with the outcome of the game. Stupid mistakes were made. I have no idea what the corner and safety were thinking, and yes the coaches should have called timeout. Whoever was sitting up in the box should have been screaming for it.

But this staff is getting better. This program is getting better.

We had a good game plan, and outside of two terrible mental lapses the plan worked.

I think we are a better team than Florida. I'm not sure there is any other time I have felt that way.

This loss is huge. Kentucky had an opportunity to be the talk of the sports world today with a win that would have snapped 30 years of frustration. But instead of getting positive discussion today they turned it into negative dialogue with a bunch of bone headed plays. They had it in their hands and blew it. One of the biggest losses ever for UK football. A win last night and they go to 4-0 and a lot of positive buzz from the sports world. Recruiting and image would have been enhanced. Instead of the good vibes they would have earned the end result turned them into the joke of the college football world today. The ol', "Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory" type of headlines.

Typical Kentucky football, it's just not meant to be. Over the past 20 years I can't recall how many games I have attended that have ended in similar fashion. I don't care who Kentucky is playing or if they're up by 30 entering the 4th quarter, if you think the W is in the bag you haven't watched much football. That said, the atmosphere last night was the best I've ever seen at a UK game over the past 20 years, the environment was ripe for something special to happen, but the football Gods said not so fast my friend.

It's hard to know if the play calling got conservative only because of the Coordinator or if Stoops had something to do with it. With Stoops being the head coach he very easily could have told his OC to be more conservative and try to burn clock.

When asked if the ball should have been put in Stephen Johnson's hands more to close out the game Eddie Gran replied with "no" and that teams that win in this league win by running the ball. Coach Stoops may feel the same way, but it was clearly Coach Gran's decision try and close out the game with the running game.

The quote I mentioned is on KSR, I'm not going to link it though because I remember a recent post from theguru about linking 3rd party articles. It's an easy article to find though if you want to read it.

That IS on Stoops. He hired Gran, and presumably agrees with/approves of going WAY too conservative too early in the game.

It was Gran's philosophical decision-making, and Stoops approving it.

I would have to know more about Gran's past to know whether Stoops hired him because he thought he was a conservative play caller or not. I don't like to presume or assume things because well, you know what can happen when using that philosophy. Technically since Stoops is the head coach, any and every loss can be blamed on him if you wanna play that card. He rarely gets credit for the wins though.

KY has ALWAYS lost one of these big moment games every so many of years. At least in my lifetime.